LG G3 Unboxing and First look

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I just got my hands on the LG G3 and made a quick unboxing and first look video for you all. Especially for people still considering the device and whether they should get it or not.

For those with the device already, what are your initial thoughts on it?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks... still thinking about it. Looks really nice!
I was hesitant being kind of a Samsung Note fanboy (Note 2 and Note 3), but I can definitely say it was worth the jump!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice unboxing cant wait to see the review.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey nice unboxing ....gotta love the first unboxing with a root at the start ...lol
White looks sweet ...why Verizon had to mess with that front though ? Smh

M8 tap'd

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey nice unboxing ....gotta love the first unboxing with a root at the start ...lol

M8 tap'd
Haha! Stock was killing me already, man. Had to get it done! And yeah.. Verizon is just.. -_-

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Nice job. Thanks for sharing..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

M8 tap'd

Exactly... Dude I do not buy a phone until I make sure there is a root method and then I have everything set up so that as soon as I unbox it gets rooted. Ill leave everything else stock but there are a few must have apps for me that require root. Tibu (which if reports are correct could no longer be needed if google allows you to backup app data to their server) and xposed so that I can add my reboot menu and circle battery icon in the notification bar.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha! Stock was killing me already, man. Had to get it done! And yeah.. Verizon is just.. -_-

Lol...I know brother ..I need that root too !
When you review some stuff to keep in mind ...battery I'm hearing it's sipping in stand by ..but hit it hard to see on usage ...and pics in lower light ...

M8 tap'd

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did Verizon do to the front?
Verizon logo in the top right hand corner that no other carrier feels the need to have to add.

When you review some stuff to keep in mind ...battery I'm hearing it's sipping in stand by ..but hit it hard to see on usage ...and pics in lower light ...

M8 tap'd
In the real review I'll make sure to be using the stock launcher to show off features, but, yeah. And see.. it did that to me the first night; standby absolutely amazing, screen on.. not so much. But today I got a little over 16hrs with 3 and a half hours of screen time and still 32%percent before putting it on the charger - only because I was using my mobile hotspot. So, it's been comparable to my Note 3, so I definitely can't complain so far. Maybe it's because I debloated it, you can download Wakelock Detector from the Play Store and it shows what keeps your device running. NFL Mobile and Clash of Clans were always active for some reason.

Exactly... Dude I do not buy a phone until I make sure there is a root method and then I have everything set up so that as soon as I unbox it gets rooted. Ill leave everything else stock but there are a few must have apps for me that require root. Tibu (which if reports are correct could no longer be needed if google allows you to backup app data to their server) and xposed so that I can add my reboot menu and circle battery icon in the notification bar.

Exactly how I am! I had to check XDA forums before making the jump, haha. I'm fine with no ROM's on phones nowadays. Though, when they're available I'm sure I'll toss one on anyway. And I'm not sure about the Google thing, I think I've heard about that too, though! But do you think it'd be slower when the time comes to re-upload everything since it'd be through the cloud?

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Verizon will put something even with no bezel ..haha
Etched or something ...they are too much gotta be special ...Ben I noticed you also threw a screen protector right ...

M8 tap'd

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

M8 tap'd
Verizon was persistent with wanting me to get one and install, lol. I would have done it sooner or later, so I didn't mind. I got the tempered glass version, works well and he put it on perfectly