LG G2 (d800) Stuck in Bootloop

LukeNookem

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2 (d800)
After rooting my new G2 and tinkering with some XPosed modules I am now stuck in horrible bootloop limbo. My phone starts, shows the LG splash screen, plays the AT&T startup sound, and starts the boot animation. The boot animation slows down and freezes after a few seconds, and after a few minutes the sound plays again and the animation starts over ad infinitum. I didn't bother installing a custom recovery like an idiot, factory reset doesn't seem to do anything, I can't adb in when I'm in download mode, and I can't find a stock KDZ for a d800.

Please help me!

OP
LukeNookem

LukeNookem

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2 (d800)
Have you tried pulling the battery, leaving it out for five minutes, putting it back and trying to boot?

I appreciate the reply, but I can't exactly remove the battery, as it is non-removable.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good luck..I'm sure you will restore to factory ..

Also on that thread in FAQs

a)Unbricking

If you are reading this you have a problem. Your phone has become a brick. But do not despair yet as there are a few ways to unbrick your phone. Let us first determine whether it is a soft brick or a hard one.
  • Soft Brick: Basically it means your phone is bootlooping or showing a blank screen but you can still go to recovery/download mode. The easiest way to fix this (and determine if you have a soft vs hard brick) is turn off the phone and then press the volume up button and connect to the computer (keeping vol up pressed). If you see your phone enter download mode you are fine. Just restore to stock (see section 4 of this guide). Make sure you flash 80100d firmware.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I appreciate the reply, but I can't exactly remove the battery, as it is non-removable.

Oooopss! Sorry for the silly response from my end. I wasn't familiar with your particular phone and was throwing out there one of the (almost) universal first options for repair.