LG Display Reveals World's First 2566 x 1440 HD AH-IPS LCD for Smartphones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-display.png

Samsung isn't the only company pushing the envelope on mobile display technology. LG just unveiled their newest creation for smartphones and it's pretty ridiculous. It's a Quad-HD AH-IPS LCD for smartphones and it can display a whopping 2566 x 1440 resolution on a 5.5-inch panel. This translates to a gargantuan 538ppi! According to LG, this new display also provides a wider range of more delicate and more vivid colors.

This new screen tech isn't just about gorgeous looks though. Apparently it is also thinner than current tech. The panel is 1.21mm thick, and has a 1.2mm bezel in LCM making it 12% thinner than their previous displays. LG's Vice President and Head of Display’s IT and Mobile Development Group Dr. Byeong-koo Kim said,

LG Display, which pioneered the high resolution mobile market with introduction of the world’s first Full HD smartphone panel in 2012, again opens new possibilities with the successful application of QHD technology. With this breakthrough, LG Display will continue to raise new standards for mobile resolution and lead the mobile display market.

Of course, as beautiful as this display likely is, it does make you wonder how much battery life this thing would drain... Do you think it's worth it to have phenomenal displays even if you have to constantly charge your device?

Source: SlashGear

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Bring it on!! I mean your REALLY not going to tell the difference. But imagine this screen for a note 3?!?!?! Holy crap! That would be AWESOME!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
look at the pic - holy bezel, Batman!

Way, way way overkill. And my main opposition is battery life. Otherwise it's probably like looking thru a window (a tiny 5.5" window).

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
It says the bezel is only 1.2mm. The black frame in the picture must just the test device which is probably a lot easier to handle with a huge bezel.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
look at the pic - holy bezel, Batman!

Way, way way overkill. And my main opposition is battery life. Otherwise it's probably like looking thru a window (a tiny 5.5" window).

It says the bezel is only 1.2mm. The black frame in the picture must just the test device which is probably a lot easier to handle with a huge bezel.

I think that's just the proto display. At the top it says "LG Display," so I'm assuming that it's just the prototype display with enough functionality to show it off. In a picture frame type hardware case.