LG Display is Gearing Up to Invest $1 Billion in Flexible OLED Displays

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't know exactly how "transparent" the internals can be, but I was thinking of applications on glass, windows, mirrors, etc. So the screen is there when you need it, and invisible when you're not using it.
Certainly a techie approach. But again, is there a market for it?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Feel like going to the beach but don't feel like driving? Flick a switch and your giant window in the living room becomes a beach scene.

I don't think you're that far off - with sounds, smells, sand and maybe a heat/UV lamp the brain could definitely be fooled into thinking your on the beach.

I think a lot of people might have their own little VR "room of solitude". Display panels are getting cheap enough that it will become the "home theater" room of the next decade.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Certainly a techie approach. But again, is there a market for it?

LOL, you wouldn't have convinced me there was much of a market for tablets a few years ago, or smartwatches just last year.

Like I said, the market potential is almost limitless. I'm not even scratching the surface here - think variable privacy blackout shades, only it's a scene or visual of your choosing.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
LOL, you wouldn't have convinced me there was much of a market for tablets a few years ago, or smartwatches just last year.

Like I said, the market potential is almost limitless. I'm not even scratching the surface here - think variable privacy blackout shades, only it's a scene or visual of your choosing.
My take is tablets sales keep decreasing year over year. Smartwatches are a fad. Tons will be sold but they will fade away as well.

Reactions: cr6

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My take is tablets sales keep decreasing year over year. Smartwatches are a fad. Tons will be sold but they will fade away as well.

Tablet sales are decreasing?!? Wow, I didn't know that. Otherwise, I'd say that's a solid projection.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tablet sales are decreasing?!? Wow, I didn't know that. Otherwise, I'd say that's a solid projection.
The iPod was just a fad and the iPad will never become mainstream. :D

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4