LG Ally

allyuser2010

Reaction score
The microphone on my phone doesnt work from time to time..AND sometimes I cant even text certain people. Does anyone else have this problem?

cognac32

Reaction score
Since my lg is a droid, will I find useful information here. I am not very savy when it comes to this kind of stuff and need all the help I can get.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't one of the biggest phones here, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are all very happy to help.

Sent from my Droid

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Welcome! My girlfriend has an LG Ally and she loves it! She gave me the green light to help her out on customizing it recently, I showed her ADW launcher and she put the "Sticker" theme on it, and she's in hog heaven.

Have any questions, I can tinker with my girlfriend's phone and help you out (although most of the questions we all can answer anyway ;-) ).

DROID! (Motorola Droid 1 user)

cognac32

Reaction score
Ally

My main questions now, are how to remove apps, how to change voice on the navigator, also, what is ADW launcher?

Reaction score
Once again i must stress this.... your ally is not a DROID!, your ally is an android phone. The DROID branding is only givein to verizons high class smartphones and the ally is not a droid not saying its not good but please get it right. You have an android phone no a DROID!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once again i must stress this.... your ally is not a DROID!, your ally is an android phone. The DROID branding is only givein to verizons high class smartphones and the ally is not a droid not saying its not good but please get it right. You have an android phone no a DROID!
I don't get why you're so upset about that...anyway cognac,
Removing Apps: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications (you cannot install pre-installed software)

Car Dock Voice: I don't think you can change that

ADW Launcher: Alternate home launcher...search for it in the market...LauncherPro is another good one.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
@ gocflamedragon, I agree with titans, I don't understand what you're getting upset about either. To the "average" user who isn't an enthusiast like the regular users of this forum, all Android phones are more or less the same. They couldn't care less about branding or trademark names or what have you. I had to remind my girlfriend numerous times that even though her phone is the LG Ally and my phone is the "DROID", THEY ARE BOTH STILL POWERED BY ANDROID, so any app/theme/launcher I put on my phone should work on hers!

Besides, tell the owners of this forum. If you scroll all the way down on the main forum page, you notice a small but prominent "LG Ally Forum" sub-forum under "Droid Forums"

Cognac, it IS possible to remove carrier-installed apps, but only if you void your warranty and "root" your phone. I only rooted my gfs phone because she wanted to get rid of her air card, so I showed her how to use her phone as a WIFI hotspot (UniversalAndroot.apk + Barnacle WIFI Tether).
Otherwise, titans is correct. There are apps on the market that make removing other apps easier, but his method works if you're not willing to use those. When you do your search for ADW Launcher, you're going to get a boatload of themes in yoursearch. Be patient and the Launcher itself will probably be at the very bottom of the search. There are multiple Home launchers (aHome, OpenHome, LauncherPro,ADWLauncher, PandaHome, etc...) and don't be afraid to try them out, just know that you can uninstall them later, and if you are having any problems at all, this forum has members who have no problem helping you.

lukestuffy

Reaction score
Can I change the text in the pulldown notifications menu from Verizon Wireless to something that I choose? Where would I start?

EDIT: I figured out, by reading what others have done, that with winrar and HxD, I copied my existing eri.xml, changed it, and put it in a gutted out working metamorph theme with all the correct file paths. Then I just applied the theme and presto!