Lets Face it, Apple > Droid+Google+Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Well, lets face it, droid will NEVER become as popular as the iPhone no matter how much better it may be. The iPhone is the most popular tech thing since the camera. There are cars, computers, printers, almsot everything that supports an ipod. ie-ipod dock.
no matter how much we like our droid + Verizon + Google,it will never come within 75% of the Apple Power.

discuss

Who knows. What does Apple have in the iphone that gives them identity?
RIM has real push technology an security.
Android has open OS, maps, killer gmail integration etc.
Apple has iTunes and the App store and simplicity. Let's face it, The actual phone sucks. The email client is fair and mobile me sucks.

CoolRalph

Reaction score
Apple has iTunes and the App store and simplicity. Let's face it, The actual phone sucks. The email client is fair and mobile me sucks.

^thiissssss !!!

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Wow, talk about trolling. At least the Droid has better 3G coverage and AT&T response was pretty week. I'm willing to bet the most people don't even realize the ad with the guy throwing mail all over the map is their regular coverage. Eight way, I'm very happy with my Droid and could give a crap about Apple or AT&T. Actually both phones have their own merit. I had an iPod Touch and sold it, thank God I don't need iTunes any longer...

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
As far as apple support goes. the support started with the iPod some 6 years ago, and they kept the same docking integration design through almost every generation (thus keeping the aftermarket support), that is the ONLY reason why iphone has the support it does.

Sorry, I just felt like being a post whore. :)

HeroNova

Reaction score

^thiissssss !!!
+1 for this as well. I used mobile me for a while on my iPhone and iPod touch. Really wasn't all that great. It was an easy and intuitive UI and the apps were nice but really that was it. I did the same things on my iPod touch. The actual phone is not all that impressive.

The Droid, to me, is pretty impressive all around. Aside from the music integration anyway because I still use my iPod for that.

HeroNova

Reaction score
What is mobile me?

mobileme is an over-the-air application that syncs your contacts, calendar, photos, events, etc from your phone to the mobileme site.

You can sync info back and forth without plugging in your phone or iPod.

It has some pretty useful applications like one that locks on to your phone's GPS to find it if it's lost and whatnot.

I just was not too crazy about it overall.

Similar to SmrtGuard to those who may have used it for the berry. Except SmrtGuard did not sync pictures, I don't think.

silverx10

Reaction score
Apple makes great computers, but...

Motorola is firmly entrenched in communications.

Verizon is the nation's best network.

Google is the world's best everything else.

I may not be a math major, but I'm pretty sure that in no way do three positives ever come together to make a negative.

droidfreak

Reaction score
Well, lets face it, droid will NEVER become as popular as the iPhone no matter how much better it may be. The iPhone is the most popular tech thing since the camera. There are cars, computers, printers, almsot everything that supports an ipod. ie-ipod dock.
no matter how much we like our droid + Verizon + Google,it will never come within 75% of the Apple Power.
discuss

So whats your point? Who cares? Get what you want. Bigger nots always better, unless of course your lacking somewhere. Maybe you are.....
I have never been one who gives a rat about what is most popular, All I can say is the Droid is much faster, clearer and more reliable for me. Period. Go join the icrowd.

Krish

Reaction score
i dont see the hype of Iphone, I rather just get the Itouch and stick with my droid on verizon lol. Like everyone said, the droid and the Android OS are still grown while apple's iphones been out for a long time.

joegrind

Reaction score

discuss

I doubt after 6 weeks it will be as popular as the iPhone....but as you stated 'how much better it may be'. Yahoo and Hotmail are the most popular email accounts too....popularity isn't everything.

Droid: Best Android phone on the best network AND backed by Google...nuff said.

Dragoro

Reaction score

discuss

I doubt after 6 weeks it will be as popular as the iPhone....but as you stated 'how much better it may be'. Yahoo and Hotmail are the most popular email accounts too....popularity isn't everything.

Droid: Best Android phone on the best network AND backed by Google...nuff said.

Yahoo and hotmail are the most popular email accounts? Never would of guessed that, learn something new every day.

Droids

Reaction score
i doubt the moto droid will ever get the same support as Iphone. we'll never see docks and car radios and stuff like that supporting the droid.
I disagree big time. We will see huge support in docks and car radios for the Android Operating System as it matures, which the Droid happens to be running. Android is bigger, and will soon be much bigger, than the Droid.

jasonb

Reaction score
i doubt the moto droid will ever get the same support as Iphone. we'll never see docks and car radios and stuff like that supporting the droid.
I disagree big time. We will see huge support in docks and car radios for the Android Operating System as it matures, which the Droid happens to be running. Android is bigger, and will soon be much bigger, than the Droid.

i meant the droid itself. not the android operating system. i doubt we will ever see the same support for the motorola droid as we see for the ipod. and by support i mean car radios having docks for the droid and tv's having docks for the droid. i doubt the motorola droid will see that kind of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.