Let me just say...

applemac

Reaction score
I love this phone! :in love:Love the huge, sharp screen, the Bluetooth connectivity, Google Voice (so smart,so polite), the Speed!, the 'Circles' widget, the reception, the Chrome browser (multi-pages opened), the camera (IN HDR MODE)...seems like I'm forgetting something:huh: oh yeah, THE BATTERY!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you like it.. :) its a snappy device...

razorwes

Reaction score
Let me say the user interface sucks.

While I like the speed & the battery life, the interface isn't all that user friendly. Like if I'm on the phone and I press the key on the top R/side it disconnects the call. My HTC T-Bolt if you hit it would dim the screen. When I make a call I tap the contact, it opens the contact up but you have to tap it again to make a call. Setting contact icons is another disaster, I upload an icon or use a photo and it blows it up so big that its a fraction of the original photo. And the Google voice command isn't worth the time to use it. I can tell it to call John F. mobile, and it reply's "did you mean"... so I still have to manually manipulate the dam thing anyway to get it to execute my command. I don't see the option to speak a text message you have to type it out.

Like I said the speed is good, battery life is great otherwise I wouldn't own another one of these phones if you gave it to me.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
What is the point of speaking a voice to text then you have to physically use the phone to send, I would make it "text john doe, meet me here, send" but Noooooo!

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Voice commands work great for me. You should go into the Voice Command app to have the phone trained to your voice, you have to say a few odd sentences but it does help. If I say "Text Mike X mobile I will be there in 10 minutes"...it does it for me and sends right away.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
While I like the speed & the battery life, the interface isn't all that user friendly. Like if I'm on the phone and I press the key on the top R/side it disconnects the call. My HTC T-Bolt if you hit it would dim the screen. When I make a call I tap the contact, it opens the contact up but you have to tap it again to make a call. Setting contact icons is another disaster, I upload an icon or use a photo and it blows it up so big that its a fraction of the original photo. And the Google voice command isn't worth the time to use it. I can tell it to call John F. mobile, and it reply's "did you mean"... so I still have to manually manipulate the dam thing anyway to get it to execute my command. I don't see the option to speak a text message you have to type it out.

Like I said the speed is good, battery life is great otherwise I wouldn't own another one of these phones if you gave it to me.

Go to settings and change the option for the power button to "turn off screen" - I had the same problem, but as far as the rest of what you said... I sort of agree. I dont get the point of putting pictures to contacts if they look all retarded because it cuts their face completely off... and the other thing when you tap a contact to call, you gotta tap again....

Voice commands will not be "perfect" for another few years.

Speed? I dunno bout that.... its quick but seen faster and smoother on "lesser than's" but battery, yes. Primarily the only reason I bought the phone.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Voice commands work great for me. You should go into the Voice Command app to have the phone trained to your voice, you have to say a few odd sentences but it does help. If I say "Text Mike X mobile I will be there in 10 minutes"...it does it for me and sends right away.

You can get it to send without interaction with the phone??? I haven't tried just waiting and seeing if it will send automatically, is that the secret???

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

sbhsquared

Reaction score
Voice commands use to work with "navigate to...." and it would open Navigation. Now that doesn't even seem to be an option. What a step backwards in a phone I used to love.

AirZone

Reaction score
The new update hate it the phone rings it takes 3 to 4 rings to start seeing the number ugh!

Redsnk95

Reaction score
You can get it to send without interaction with the phone??? I haven't tried just waiting and seeing if it will send automatically, is that the secret???

Yes, in Google Now it opens a box with the text message. Has a status bar that moves across the screen indicating that is about to send it. Takes about 2-3 seconds, and then it sends it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Ah, impatient moi. D'oh. Thanks. Have to try it again.