Lenovo's S860 with 4,000 mAh Battery to Finally Launch May 1st

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-smartphone-s860-front-back-2.jpg

We can only hope that once Lenovo takes over Motorola and starts making Moto smartphones, it doesn't take them this long to execute on a new device. Lenovo announced the S860 smartphone back in February, but they are only just no getting around to launching the device. It will only be available in India at first for 21,499 Rs (approximately $355 or €257).

The primary defining feature of this device is its behemoth battery. It will be an astounding 4,000 mAh, despite the device using a 5.3-inch display. Lenovo claims this baby will get 43 hours of talk time and up to 40 days of standby time on one charge! It will be a little thicker than the average new flagship smartphone because of this, but it won't be to hefty.

Here's a breakdown of the full specs:
  • 5.3-inch 720p HD IPS touchscreen
  • 8 MP rear camera with LED flash
  • 1.6 MP front camera
  • 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor (MT6582)
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 16 GB of internal storage
  • 21 Mbps HSPA, Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth, GPS
  • Aluminum construction featuring a metal rear cover
  • Dimensions are 149.5x77x10.3 mm, and it weighs 190 grams
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (although KitKat is coming for the device.)
What do you guys think? Is this a device you would like to see come to your neck of the woods?

Source: UnWiredView

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Not for me.. The specs are way below todays flagship devices.

Screen rez
8MP Camera
21mps wifi

IMO the OnePlus is the way to go and is $50. bucks less.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The specs are low compared to today's standards but when paired with a 4000mah battery, that thing is going to last for ages.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not for me.. The specs are way below todays flagship devices.

Screen rez
8MP Camera
21mps wifi

IMO the OnePlus is the way to go and is $50. bucks less.

I dunno... I'm not a big fan of the way OnePlus is probably just a front for Oppo. If true, the deceptive advertising is telling of the character of the people who are involved with this product.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Not Sure how the 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor (MT6582) compares to the current Snapdragon, Exynos or Tegra CPUs. I have seen them in a bunch of cheaper Tablets that I have been looking at. I wonder how they do match up.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only thing I would be concerned about is the quad core chip, depending on the price of the phone. How well does it do with battery life, does it run hot, is it snappy, etc. If its so bad that the battery life is = to other phones with a smaller battery but better chip....and the performance is worse...its almost not worth it.

I'm wary about the Oppo now too....

Reading up on it more now.....I might have to pay attention to phones with MediaTek chips....

Last edited:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
What would interest the heck outta me is for Lenovo to scale down their Yoga Tablet to around 5.5" with the same shape form and add phone capability. I really like that folded-magazine form. It's super comfortable to hold and allows for a monster battery.

Lenovo-Yoga-Tablet-10-Review-013.jpg