Legally Blind and need advice

smithpbridget

Reaction score
I am legally blind and I just got the Samsung Fascinate. So far I can see most everything pretty well. BUT when I go into my Facebook app I can't see it well at all and am unable to pinch it and make it larger. Does anyone know how I can make it larger? Also are there any font apps that would be good for me to make everything on the phone a bit larger? It's also much easier for me to see things when the background is dark and the text is light.
Thanks ahead of time for the advice.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
We have an inverted apps thread located here, basically all of these applications have been changed to have black backgrounds and white text

AllForNaught

Reaction score
The Cean Fonts Megapack has some bolder fonts that may help.

With the 2.2 Froyo update: go to settings, display, and at the top it says 'download new fonts' and this font pack is near the top.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
S

smithpbridget

Reaction score
How do I get the inverted apps on my phone??

When I go to "settings", "sound and display" i have no "font options". Does this mean that my Fascinate doesn't have the 2.2 Froyo?? I just got this phone last Friday.

Thank you both for your help

AllForNaught

Reaction score
How do I get the inverted apps on my phone??

When I go to "settings", "sound and display" i have no "font options". Does this mean that my Fascinate doesn't have the 2.2 Froyo?? I just got this phone last Friday.

Thank you both for your help

Yes - you need the Froyo 2.2 update, which is a firmware update that will take 15-20 minutes to finish.

Go to settings, phone, and system updates - select 'check for new' and follow the prompts to upgrade your phone to Froyo, 2.2.

It won't delete anything on your SD card. Though you may have to re-download some apps, which I recommend anyhow, since some apps won't function properly until re-downloaded to your Froyo enabled phone.

The market will remember any purchases you made, and will not 'double-charge' you.

Recommendation: update with a full battery charge.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It would be easier to view FB with a browser, Then you have full pinch and zoom...

xan

Reaction score
FWIW - dolphin browser allows text size to be changed and default zoom level also.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
It would be easier to view FB with a browser, Then you have full pinch and zoom...

Just an fyi: the font packs apply to EVERY aspect of the phone, including apps like Facebook, and these droid forums, along with the desktop and all phone menus.

A lot of people don't know that.

I have to say though, I'm not sure 'bolder' will help much - it may make things harder to read because the letters are fatter, and there's less seperation between them.

I agree: using the browser may be your best bet for Facebook.

OP
S

smithpbridget

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your help. I got the 2.2 froyo update. Seems to be not as sensitive to the touch as it was b4 but, oh well. Now i'm going to try the clear font megapack and hoping it will be what i need. I'm also going to try to just do FB on the web and see how that goes.

OP
S

smithpbridget

Reaction score
I downloaded clear font and it helps a bit, but I really need a bolder font. What would be great is an inverted app so I could have black background with light letters, but I haven't found one yet.
As for FB, it's really making me mad. Even when I access it from the browser it will not let me enlarge it. The pinch to zoom will not work on that page, but works on other web pages. Don't know what the heck is going on with that.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Some mobile sites don't let me pinch to zoom either.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

smithpbridget

Reaction score
It's very upsetting to me since I just can't see it very well at all!

Jenaht

Reaction score

With the 2.2 Froyo update: go to settings, display, and at the top it says 'download new fonts' and this font pack is near the top.

That's weird I don't have option to download that font pack...

Jenaht

Reaction score

Never mind..misread

AllForNaught

Reaction score

Never mind..misread

S'alright :)