Left wanting by Cyanogen

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
Hey folks. I've been using Cyanogen's latest build but had to ditch it b/c I missed some features from good ol' stock sense 2.2. Anyone know where I can get the following features on a gingerbread rom?
  • Touch-screen-to-focus camera
  • Ability to choose where photos/vids are stored
  • Search-as-you-dial dialer
  • Ability to link contacts together
  • The calendar widget from sense

Thanks.

alphanumerritt

spcking

Reaction score
ATakePhone works for both search while dial and link contacts with the help of syncmypix

Sent from my Evo 4G with cyanogen 7.0.3.1 using DroidForums

kichard

Reaction score
Camera closest to stock is miui. It's awesone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
A

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
Thanks much to both of you. I'm looking forward to trying things out.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
As for the sense clock widget, their is one available for purchase from the market called LP Classic Sense. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, it looks identical to the sense (my wife's dinc is not rooted and I literally can't tell them apart). It works great so far, auto updates location just like original. Costs 1.49 i believe. Only thing lacking is the screen weather animations.

david14807

Reaction score
As for the sense clock widget, their is one available for purchase from the market called LP Classic Sense. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, it looks identical to the sense (my wife's dinc is not rooted and I literally can't tell them apart). It works great so far, auto updates location just like original. Costs 1.49 i believe. Only thing lacking is the screen weather animations.

The above information is incorrect. The above mentioned widget is LP Sense Skin + Clock Widget.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
t

The above information is incorrect. The above mentioned widget is LP Sense Skin + Clock Widget.

Ok Thanks for the correction... This is correct, this is the title in the market. The skin/widget shows up in your app drawer however with the name that I gave. Sorry if it caused any confusion... I feel confident that you would have figured it out. :)

WookieFan

Reaction score
If you're not tied to GB, SkyRaider Sense 4 is excellent and includes some good GB features. Like you, I was not wowed by stock GB, and miss Sense when I don't have it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
A

alphanumerritt

Reaction score
Dude, wow. Skyraider 4.0 is the awesome. All the GB features I wanted, all the sense features I needed. Snappy, sexy, smooth. Can't thank you enough.

I'm lovin it.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Skyraider is an awesome ROM. I however just flashed Nils Business Gingersense 3D and Gingertiny Kernel. Might be worth a look.

WookieFan

Reaction score
GB has now arrived!

If you're not tied to GB, SkyRaider Sense 4 is excellent and includes some good GB features. Like you, I was not wowed by stock GB, and miss Sense when I don't have it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

There is a new leaked VZW official Gingerbread ROM at Android Police. I have flashed it and it's fine, except it seems to run down the battery pretty quickly AND (PAY ATTENTION) I have not been able to successfully return the phone to root, even though the Android Police guys maintain that you can. I am sure someone at xda/unrEVOked will get the steps to root down soon. Hopefully HTC and VZW will get a fix out for battery life soon, but I haven't had much time to test (36 hours). So far the best battery life I have gotten was on Skyraider 4.3 with the standard kernel.

I am excited to have GB and sense, though. Can barely believe I have the original DInc keyboard back after all these months! Otherwise, GB is super-fast. If you try the released ROM, make sure to enable fastboot. The Incredible really earns its name with the new ROM.dancedroid