no real answer on this but led's have a very long life cycle

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes LEDs have a long life cycle, but seeing as how it's meant for flash and camera use only, I wouldn't recommend using it too often.

I just tried in a well lit room and it doesn't light up as brightly as I thought it would. I'll try a dark place some other time, but it makes a good emergency flashlight.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i've used my a few times to find things that've fallen in the car and it works fine for that. i would be in agreement with dezy to say i wouldn't use the led for prolonged flashlight use... but in a jam it's great.

OP
droiduser91

droiduser91

Reaction score
ahhh, ic ic, thnx alot guys, guess i can just use those flashlight apps that use the screen instead

OP
droiduser91

droiduser91

Reaction score
well the one that uses your led flash is called droidlight and the one that uses your screen is called color flashlight, but those are the two that i have, there are probably different ones out there

NVash

Reaction score
I use Mototorch for my LED light, but Ill have to look into the screen one. Thanks.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I am amazed that people say the light isn't that bright...I guess it isn't compared to the camera flash? I'll be honest I haven't looked at the flash during the camera shot for a while but when that LED comes on in the flashlight apps, if you are on the other end, it is glaring and will almost blind you. Not sure how much brighter it could be without doing damage to someone on the other end. heh

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will pretty much guarantee that it will last the life of the phone.

easily. I posted links giving estimates of upwards of 50,000 hours of use. no one is gonna hang on to their phone that long... 20 months and everyone will be upgrading! (some in 12!)

Guchi

Reaction score
i did an insurance claim for a broken screen recently and today i got it i went ahead and ran the led lights for the last 4 hours strait with mototorch and i think the one i ran is now brighter than my new one.