Led error

Rstran916

Reaction score
Anyone having LED problems?
my LED is not flashing whenever i get a notification.

joeytrash121

Reaction score
Yup, so far I have nothing that will light up the LED notification, very frustrating.

brockw1964

Reaction score
Same here- downloaded (paid app) Light Flow app, now have LED for Handcent, Gmail, missed calls, etc. Happy with it.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I called my bionic from a land line, but hung up before I answered. Almost immediately, I got a notification of a missed call, but no led. I turned off my screen and the led started blinking and blinked until I turned the screen back on. Then it stopped. I think the point is that when the screen is on, you have a notification so you don't need the led. When the screen is off, you can't see a notification, so the led blinks. Until you clear the notification, the led will blink when phone is in sleep mode. This behavior started with Gingerbread.

OP
R

Rstran916

Reaction score
I called my bionic from a land line, but hung up before I answered. Almost immediately, I got a notification of a missed call, but no led. I turned off my screen and the led started blinking and blinked until I turned the screen back on. Then it stopped. I think the point is that when the screen is on, you have a notification so you don't need the led. When the screen is off, you can't see a notification, so the led blinks. Until you clear the notification, the led will blink when phone is in sleep mode. This behavior started with Gingerbread.

I tested out ur solution but still ended up with the same conclusion. Thanks though.

Mamba94

Reaction score
May sound stupid, but if you have a sleeve or case on your phone make sure that it isn't covering the LED.

JMZ316

Reaction score
Bionic LED Notification

The LED didn't seem to do anything when I got email, TXTs, etc. So I installed "Light Flow" off the Market, it was free. Not sure if it requires "Rooting" I've already got my Bionic rooted, but it fixed my LED, had to set it up to use "Direct Mode" enabled, its under general preferences. Only like 3 colors to choose from, but it works for me, I just like to know when I have missed TXT from the Night stand etc. Not many other features seem to work with the Bionic, perhaps they will upgrade it. But as long as I have simple LED Notification, I'm happy.

-JZ

OP
R

Rstran916

Reaction score
May sound stupid, but if you have a sleeve or case on your phone make sure that it isn't covering the LED.

Haha yeah i feel stupid now... just found out yesterday that the LED was being covered by the case.

laugreg

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. My LED would be blinking with the display is OFF. When I turn ON the display, the LED stops blinking but no messages, etc.. I thought it was my Handcent application but not sure now. I did download the recent version of Handcent that suppose to have fix an LED problem. That's when I noticed the problem. I uninstalled Handcent and the problem went away.