Leaving RIM

R

RETG

HI!
In a few months I will be leaving the world of RIM (at least for my personal device, the Gov't will still require me to carry a BB). Tired of their OS system updates that do not work, and a few other problems with my current tour. Surprisingly, hardware related problems have never been a problem on my phone Maybe subjecting it to constant desert sand helped the trackball to work correctly.:)

So, I'm seriously looking at going to a Motorola device, but have not ruled out HTC. One thing I cannot do is switch from Verizon. Where I live (house), I can only use Verizon or Sprint. Where I travel, I need Verizon for service.

Guess I'll go an ask more questions on the devices available and those coming out, since I have until December to decide.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the Moto Droid is a great phone. The new Droid X will be out in a few days so I would give serious consideration to either. A new sister site (droidforum.com) just opened for X users so it may be worth your time spending a few hours there to see what the new X offers.

Let us know what you decide or if you have any questions.

Mike

OP
R

RETG

I just posted a few question in the General forum. I have reviewed some of the informaton on the X, but being old fashioned (and for a month owning a Motorola Krave), I prefer a keyboard type phone. I can take the small keyboard similar to that on a Tour or a larger keyboard similar to the Droid.

Very curious about the rumors on a Droid Pro(?) that might be coming out toward the end of the year.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand about the keyboard. I'm not current on the pro but I can tell you the Droid is a very solid phone. I switched from an iPhone and have had way too much fun.

Mike

jman1423

Reaction score
Everyone who is working at headquarters or recruiting stations for the Marine Corps has been issued a Motorola Droid. haha pretty funny though. i think mine is the only one rooted?

but still, its a pretty reliable phone. doesnt drop calls, and very good signals in various areas where you would think there is no civilization.