Leaked Next Gen Moto X Smartphone is Probably a Fake

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proto-Moto-X-2016.jpg

The big leak making its rounds this morning in Android-land is the above image. It's supposedly the prototype for the next generation of the Moto X. It's also probably a fake. To be clear, there's no direct evidence that this is fake, but there is also no direct evidence that it is real either.

Deductive reasoning does point to this as a faux device though. Motorola has been moving forward with a certain design aesthetic for quite some time now, and this device appears to be the opposite of that. This thing is basically all metal and doesn't seem like it would lend itself to being customizable on Moto Maker at all. The speaker grille looks pretty terrible as well (although that might get fixed in a final design phase.)

Of course, if it is legit, maybe Motorola/Lenovo has randomly decided to go in a completely different direction with their products. It's also possible this is some "other" new Motorola device. We suspect that someone simply used an off-brand Chinese smartphone and had a Motorola logo etched onto the back. We will, of course, reserve the right to be completely wrong in our estimation of this as chicanery. This industry can turn on a dime, and you just never know what surprises it might hold.

What do you think?

Source: nowhereelse.fr

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My guess is that's a fake. I certainly hope so, and hope that's not the direction they are headed in....that thing is ugly.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ugly indeed :eek:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's a moto what do you expect? [Flame suit on]

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't mind the look of it other than the power and volume on the same side
I'm so used to that at this point....every time I go to adjust the volume on my Samsung work cell I forget that they are on the "wrong side" of the phone.