Leak Updates

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think this is only because the X has Blur. If not for that I don't think they would care so much.

nerdkill

Reaction score
yet another reason to support vanilla android. this is weird to me, i always thought it was motorola that purposely leaked builds to watch us beta test them. love my x, but it's frustrating.

Reaction score
Is this just for the X?

Actually they asked for FRF57 to be pulled down also........ and i'm sure once they see whats there. They will get another one

I would agree with you guys that BLUR and Swype were the reasons except neither of those were on FRF57. Its a good call, and I'm not going to completely count it out. But I still think its more because they don't like the massive security hole they have with an engineer or engineers leaking their property....it actually looks bad to shareholders and corporate bigwigs to see this kind of thing happen as often as it has been. Corporate security is important to these guys.

goldenu

Reaction score
I smell apples

Locked bootloaders, C&D's - constantly fighting the manufacturer for control of my phone?!?? This is why I won't own an iPhone, and it's starting to look like I might need to think Evo rather than Droid X. :motdroidvert:

rcjames

Reaction score
Locked bootloaders, C&D's - constantly fighting the manufacturer for control of my phone?!?? This is why I won't own an iPhone, and it's starting to look like I might need to think Evo rather than Droid X. :motdroidvert:

It's not gonna be lock for ever if you didn't knew that. Sheesh skip the evo and get a droid x. It's a totally faster better specs then a cheap evo.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It's not gonna be lock for ever if you didn't knew that. Sheesh skip the evo and get a droid x. It's a totally faster better specs then a cheap evo.

+1! Remember that update they had a couple of months back that were bricking Evos?? This is EXACTLY what Motorola, Verizon, and Google are wanting to avoid! Makes sense if you think about it.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Doh forgot I cannot edit the above post here.

Sorry all but you are all missing the bigger picture here. The bootloaders from now on will be locked and they will not be broken. Devs have been trying for over a year with Milestone. Unless the key is somehow leaked which is very unlikely then Motorola now have their USA customers over a barrel as well. You cannot install leaked ROMs and you cannot install custom ROMs. welcome to our world.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doh forgot I cannot edit the above post here.

Sorry all but you are all missing the bigger picture here. The bootloaders from now on will be locked and they will not be broken. Devs have been trying for over a year with Milestone. Unless the key is somehow leaked which is very unlikely then Motorola now have their USA customers over a barrel as well. You cannot install leaked ROMs and you cannot install custom ROMs. welcome to our world.

Now you are just assuming the keys aren't hanging around somewhere :icon_ devil:

movadoevo8

Reaction score
That's pretty lame of Motorola especially since the update was supposed to be released earlier and now got set back to sept. We have every right to upgrade on our own! Everyone else already go 2.2. Motorola Droid, EVO, Nexus One etc... so what's the big deal about the Droid X. Even in the pass I always got the next update such as 2.1 and 2.2 like 3 months before it even came out due to leaks and no big deal was ever made......

I'm glad I upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 yesterday on my DX :)

rgb2448

Reaction score
This would have been another leak for the Droid 1. The newest build for froyo on it. the build is FRGxx.............sorry guys but that's all I can do for now

Miami1683, Does it look like we will be getting the leak for the Droid 1 next week or probably not at all. Thanks