Leak Updates

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I will probably sound really dumb for this but can some explain to me what just happen. From what I'm getting, Motorola has asked for the termination of a leaked update for one of their devices. And its either for Motorola Droid or Motorola Droid X.

Is this right or am I wrong completely?

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
This news is kind of a bummer but, being a programmer myself, I can see the argument from both sides. I'm totally content with running FRG22 as it has been running smoothly on my Droid 1 for a good while now.

Phoxus

Reaction score
***mod edit: DF's is honoring the C & D please refrain from posting any mirrors ,links, warez etc etc to the file. We can get in trouble guys. ***

~This message brought to you by cerealkiller~

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Not cool. Motorola has been doing everything it can to &&& this community off.

Last edited by a moderator:

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Regardless of how long this has been going on or how you feel about Motorola lowering the boom, they have every right to do whatever they feel necessary to protect their copyrighted material.

If you held the copyright on something you probably wouldn't be thrilled if someone was distributing it without your consent.

For the portion of the ROM that are copyrighted, yes. From what I got out of the letter, it was for the keyboard portion. The source code itself is Google property, is it not? People may be confusing the two.

GeLopez

Reaction score
there is always the "C&D letter" but when you trace it down it NEVER has any bone to it.

i have seen so many of this letters and i dont remember 1 to be true

Dan_08

Reaction score
Sooo....is this gonna be a trend? If they are so worried about protecting their software, they should safe guard it a little better (but then again...maybe not).

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
there is always the "C&D letter" but when you trace it down it NEVER has any bone to it.

Even if it is true at least Motorola warned them. If it was apple there would be over 30 search warrants and multiple traces (at first times notice).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Does not matter....No Links will be allowed here.

Reaction score
Its possible that Motorola is mearly miffed about an employee constantly leaking builds of their software and are trying to put the stop to it. It's quite obvious that MDW has a specific link to all the proprietary software that is being stolen from their company, the easiest way to stop the rogue engineer is to shut down his fence.