LCD screen died

sabored

Reaction score
I bought my Droid Razr (XT912) in February of 2012. It always worked great and I kept good care of it. A few days ago I pulled my phone out of my pocket, powered it up, and the screen had a digitized modern art pattern on it that was slowly changing colors. It did this every time I turned it on for about 8 hours until the screen finally went black. Everything works fine internally, I was able to backup the memory onto my computer and all. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and if there is a way to fix this that doesn't cost the same price I paid for the phone when it was new.

Also, is there a way to extract my contacts from the backup plus thing I always saved them on? I would hate to have to fill them all out again if I'm not able to fix my razr.

maomao

Reaction score
I cannot h help with the broken part, however...

It is fantastic that you got your phone backed up. You should be able to retrieve your contacts from Backup Assistant. If you also saved your contacts to any Gmail or Google Mail account, check that account online and your contacts will all be there.

"Security is always excessive until it's not enough." —*Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, Country Energy, NSW AUS
Sent from my DROID RAZR via Droid Forums