Lcd density opinion?

snowbdr89

Reaction score
Just curious to see what dx users have the lcd density set at, lower or higher for best results?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

0reo

Reaction score
Why run anything other then default? Anything other then the screen's native resolution will give lesser image quality.

beyondlife

Reaction score
As of the newest update to dx/d2 overclock I've been running 160. Ran 190 until then. It can cause artifacts with certain graphics and you have to replace the stock dialer but it makes the screen look very crisp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Any one else messing with this? If so, results? I noticed the resolution on my Og Droid is the same as the DX, but the DX's screen is larger so the images "bigger" comapred to D1, the D1's screen's etc., look much crisper and sharper than the DX.

will changing the density make the DX look crisper like on the D1?

If it messes up the dialer, what dialer is best?

beyondlife

Reaction score
I am on gb now and I have my density set at 190. There are no longer any issues with the dialer. I use spare parts to disable compatibility mode so appear will fullscreen. Other than that I have absolutely no issues. The display seems crisper and I can have more icon rows and columns without any overlap. It is very easy to undo this setting so there is no reason not to experiment.

rqbaljh

Reaction score
I am on gb now and I have my density set at 190. There are no longer any issues with the dialer. I use spare parts to disable compatibility mode so appear will fullscreen. Other than that I have absolutely no issues. The display seems crisper and I can have more icon rows and columns without any overlap. It is very easy to undo this setting so there is no reason not to experiment.

Ok, thank! What did you use to change the density? I have font changer that has the density change option in it, but havfen't tried it.

Some of the forums I read people were having issues reverting back to stock because some widgets weren't right.

beyondlife

Reaction score
I use the DROID x overclock app by jrummy16 and xuedoxus. It has a great many options including lcd density.

rqbaljh

Reaction score
I use the DROID x overclock app by jrummy16 and xuedoxus. It has a great many options including lcd density.

Do you have to be on a certain rom to run that?

Also, thats a paid app, any free ones?

scf

Reaction score
Nope, just rooted.

I was runnin 210 on GB, seemed perfect for home and for browser stuff. At a different density, you can fit more on the screen in the browser/email/stuff, it's smaller..but there's more. And the icons on the home, just seem to fit better. *shrug*, jmo.

rqbaljh

Reaction score
Nope, just rooted.

I was runnin 210 on GB, seemed perfect for home and for browser stuff. At a different density, you can fit more on the screen in the browser/email/stuff, it's smaller..but there's more. And the icons on the home, just seem to fit better. *shrug*, jmo.

That has a lot of features that I don't presently need, is there a free app somewhere that I can get that does the density change?

I tried Font Changer, but that didn't seem to work (it has a density changer in it)