Launchers and Gingerbread

galaxy80

Reaction score
I just started using LP 2 months ago, so I was wondering if the update will reset everything on my home screen and if I will have to redo everything. I'm pretty sure that my LP will stay the same, but will it automatically take over after the update, or will I be getting the GB homescreen and have to reactivate LP? Also, does anyone know if I can use ADW icon themes with LP? I tried ADW and like LP WAY more, except for the awesome icon theme packs for ADW. If I could use those with LP, I would be in heaven!

Pwscott

Reaction score
LP+ And GB

I asked that question in another forum and was assured it would have no effect on LP+. I would be sure to go to 'Preferences' > and then down to 'Backup Home Screens and Settings'.

Here is the link to where I posted this question previously.

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
I asked that question in another forum and was assured it would have no effect on LP+. I would be sure to go to 'Preferences' > and then down to 'Backup Home Screens and Settings'.

Cool, thanks! I backed it up too. I would like to see what the original homepage looks like before applying LP or ADW. Just out of curiousity, which launcher do you like more? I just started using ADW a couple of days ago, but I like LP more because you can customize the docks more and do a lot of other things you can't do with ADW. ADW is awesome because of the icon packs people have made for it. I'm trying to figure out how to use the ADW icon packs with LP..

Pwscott

Reaction score
LP+ and Icons

Cool, thanks! I backed it up too. I would like to see what the original homepage looks like before applying LP or ADW. Just out of curiousity, which launcher do you like more? I just started using ADW a couple of days ago, but I like LP more because you can customize the docks more and do a lot of other things you can't do with ADW. ADW is awesome because of the icon packs people have made for it. I'm trying to figure out how to use the ADW icon packs with LP..

I have both ADW and the paid version of LP+ on my DX and I have Home Manager (free) to let me choose betw default and those two. I like LP more for the reason you stated - ease of using the 5 dock icons across 3 sliding docks for 15 always at hand shortcuts. When I realized in LP+ I could add swipe gestures so each of those icons in the dock can launch one more app, shortcut etc and I have 30 at hand I was in heaven :icon_ banana:.

I also bought an app called Custom Launcher Icons or something like that which makes it easy to pick from hundreds of icons and dock backgrounds for either launcher.