LauncherPro Dock

jkm2282

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I installed launcherpro today and love it. I have a question, I have seen some docks which have text on them - like contacts, browser, gmail, text etc. How do I get one of those docks? Can someone please guide me about it. Thanks a lot.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
You're probably thinking of Evolution or something. Which is a theme for a custom ROM. But i think you can download a themed launcherPro if you're not rooted. Are you rooted??

Brick

Shoopdedoo. You know the deal.

revenge8

Reaction score
heyy
ok so here ya go
download some docks from this link..or just search around online for some.. like at http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=854 ...there are a lot out there..
A Few LauncherPro Docks to Brighten Your Day - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

After saving to your SD card:
go to Launcherpro preferences>appearance settings>dock background>custom
then search for and select the dock you want

the dock you chose will then show up on your homescreen.

Adding links:
now in order to use these "fake" links you need to use a transparent icon so go here and save this to your SD (highlight so you can see what your saving..the icon will be on the top left)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NfTNfkovCuY/TPk8kKRlggI/AAAAAAAAC3Q/PmMJoFJPhvk/inviaible_icon.png

now as an example:
long press on the messages text in the dock> change shortcut>applications>messaging.. then choose custom icon.. then navigate to where you saved the transparent icon and select it.. then walla! press the messages text and your text message screen will pop up.

Do this for all the texts on the dock and your good to go.

hope that helped.. let me know if you need any clarification

jeberger2007

Reaction score
xxbrickxx84 is right, its show with the Evolution theme, however, you can download the images, and then when you long press on the dock are able to select custom images.

Location of Bugless Evolution Rom

Dock file you want!

Really quick, just download the file, and unzip the file but leave them in the folder.
Once you have the file downloaded, connect your phone via USB and mount.
Next transfer them into a folder you can find, I choose the Media>Download folder.
Unmount phone and go to your home screen. There you can long press on the dock and browse for the images. And set the images accordingly.

Hope this helps. BTW, I didn't have the rom installed but I do run Bugless Beast. I don't think it makes a difference though.

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
xxbrickxx84 is right, its show with the Evolution theme, however, you can download the images, and then when you long press on the dock are able to select custom images.

Location of Bugless Evolution Rom

Dock file you want!

Really quick, just download the file, and unzip the file but leave them in the folder.
Once you have the file downloaded, connect your phone via USB and mount.
Next transfer them into a folder you can find, I choose the Media>Download folder.
Unmount phone and go to your home screen. There you can long press on the dock and browse for the images. And set the images accordingly.

Hope this helps. BTW, I didn't have the rom installed but I do run Bugless Beast. I don't think it makes a difference though.
Thanks. That's what I am looking for. How do I put the icons on the dock, though? :s Do I download the whole thing, extract the whole thing and put it on my SD card as it is?

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
heyy
ok so here ya go
download some docks from this link..or just search around online for some.. like at LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Share your custom dock backgrounds! ...there are a lot out there..
A Few LauncherPro Docks to Brighten Your Day - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

After saving to your SD card:
go to Launcherpro preferences>appearance settings>dock background>custom
then search for and select the dock you want

the dock you chose will then show up on your homescreen.

Adding links:
now in order to use these "fake" links you need to use a transparent icon so go here and save this to your SD (highlight so you can see what your saving..the icon will be on the top left)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NfTNfkovCuY/TPk8kKRlggI/AAAAAAAAC3Q/PmMJoFJPhvk/inviaible_icon.png

now as an example:
long press on the messages text in the dock> change shortcut>applications>messaging.. then choose custom icon.. then navigate to where you saved the transparent icon and select it.. then walla! press the messages text and your text message screen will pop up.

Do this for all the texts on the dock and your good to go.

hope that helped.. let me know if you need any clarification
Those ones are nice, thanks. Could you please let me know where I can find more like those?

jeberger2007

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I am looking for. How do I put the icons on the dock, though? :s Do I download the whole thing, extract the whole thing and put it on my SD card as it is?

Once you have it on your SD card, long press on one of the icons you have in the dock. It will say edit dock shortcut, select change icon and choose custom Icon. Then from there click on the folder with the icons in them.

For instance if you wanted to change your messages icon follow the steps above, go into the folder with all the images and select Message TEXT as the image to select. That should do the trick.

If what I wrote was a little confusing let me know. :)

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, mate. That helps a lot. :)

Any idea where I can get more of those texts?

dasanman69

Reaction score
Go to xda-developers.com. You'll find plenty of text icons you can use for LP.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On our sister site, android.net, Droid-Xer started a thread collecting text icons from all over. They're all in one nice thread - give it a look see...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
On our sister site, android.net, Droid-Xer started a thread collecting text icons from all over. They're all in one nice thread - give it a look see...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
That's awesome. Thanks a lot, mate.