LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Reaction score
How do you set it to your default launcher.

It depends on what launcher your using, there are a lot of different ways/answers. If you're using Quick Desk on top of another launcher, then it's under "Favorite Launcher" in the settings. If you use Widget Locker, there's a home helper setting. If you have Open Home as your default then under the more tab after pushing the menu button there's an option to pick another. There's also a Market App called Home Changer (I think).

The fail safe final way to do it if you're using a launcher that doesn't want to be friendly about you changing launchers is Menu Button -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Running (or All) Tab -> Scroll to your current launcher and press it -> Clear Defaults button at the bottom. Then when you press the Home Button a selection dialog will pop up with a list of all the launchers you have installed. If you want the setting to "stick" check the box at the bottom of the list.

There's a free app called Home Switcher. It makes it very easy to change launchers. You can even just launch one, but leave the Home button for your default home.

Good call on "Home Switcher" it's allowed me get the bugs out and jump back to the default launcher if a get locked up and no icons showing.

When LauncherPro was stable I made it my default launcher and all is golden.

madmaisa13

Reaction score
LP freezes

I've got some weird issues with Launcher Pro now. I disabled Quick Desk, thinking it might be part of the problem, but every so often it just freezes for 5-10 seconds at a time, sometimes coming up with the FC/Wait options. Sometimes it might be because I'm streaming music or a podcast (so maybe the phone's working hard), but it seems to do this a LOT more often than I'd ever noticed it with Open Home.

I don't have problems with redraws, just these freezes. I use a fair number of widgets, and have 7 screens and 3 launcher trays, but still, it seems to happen way more often than with any other launcher I use. Is anyone else having these problems?

I'm currently trying out jdflg's 1.1 kernel, but usually use Chevy's 1.25 ulv, and it was doing it on that kernel as well.

I've got "Keep in memory" and have tried enabling the Droid hack (not sure since it's 2.1 whether I should for Froyo, but have tried both settings), I don't have Elastic or HQ scrolling on, or any of the advanced rows/scrolling widget stuff set.

It's snappy when it does respond, but these freezes are getting annoying. Any confirmation that this is happening elsewhere, or ideas on solving it would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, I am running BB froyo v4.0 and using chevy's 1.1lv kernel. Sometimes when I click on the home screen, not is displayed on any of my screens and the phone freezes for like 5-6 seconds, not sure why. I can honestly say this is by FAR the best home replacement. all it needs is to fix this and add the mini flicks that adw has to bring down the notification bar. If anyone finds a way to fix this plz let me know.
thnx

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I get the actual FC/Wait dialog most of the time when this happens, but it happens a lot of times where it's just short of that.

In answer to the earlier innuendo that it was "my own damned fault" for having too many widgets/screens, I use 7 screens and 3 launcher trays in LP (when I run it) and probably around a dozen widgets. 3 pages with none, one with 4 "audio" widgets (Pandora/BeyondPod/Audible/Volume Control). Most of the widgets either don't poll, or don't do so at 6 hours or longer except for Beautiful Home). That said, the exact same widget set-up in ADW or Open Home and I don't get any of the problems that I see in LP. It's not overloading good mature launchers.

seang

Reaction score
seriously, i mentioned this a while back, but i think there is something funky about BB, and LP. since i switched to Sapphire, i havent had nearly the issues.

Diordna

Reaction score
What's in the 7.1 update?
so far i found the possibility to hide icons of apps in the quick launcher. Very usefull.
Hiding the icon labels on apps from the homescreen has been there for a long time now lol

From what I see, idk how long this has been there so someone could tell me if this is new or not, but in appearance changing the color of the glows for pressed icons??

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What's in the 7.1 update?
so far i found the possibility to hide icons of apps in the quick launcher. Very usefull.
Hiding the icon labels on apps from the homescreen has been there for a long time now lol

No he literally means hiding the icons from the drawer, so you couldn't get to them at all if you pull up the drawer. General Settings > Hidden Apps Pretty cool stuff.

Works fine if you're unrooted. You take your chances - quit yer *****ing.

Touché sir. haha

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but success with this launcher and I am on the verge of donating, the updates have been very useful so far, the only other thing I would like to see implemented is the ability to "page jump" so if you have seven screens and are all the way to the right, if you flick to the right one more time you will "jump" all the way to your left screen, and vice versa instead of having to always move one by one

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
If the screen previews feature doesn't do it for you, you should post the request on Fede's forum; there's probably a thread for that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brochaos

Reaction score
I have had nothing but success with this launcher and I am on the verge of donating, the updates have been very useful so far, the only other thing I would like to see implemented is the ability to "page jump" so if you have seven screens and are all the way to the right, if you flick to the right one more time you will "jump" all the way to your left screen, and vice versa instead of having to always move one by one

thats the one thing i miss from helix. it's basically implemented on the dock, just not the screens. i resort to the preview screen thing now, pinch-tap.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the screen previews feature doesn't do it for you, you should post the request on Fede's forum; there's probably a thread for that.
The Screen Preview is not as quick, actually I don't use it at all.

Thanks for the info, at the same time I make a Donation I will also make the suggestion.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I stopped using it cos with Widget Locker and Power Strip I didn't need more than 3. So I never messed around with the speed setting for screen previews, but have you tried tweaking that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk