Launcher pro is in endless loop

brennan

Reaction score
Every time I try to view my homescreen, Launcher pro opens up the browser and says the current version of launcher pro is expired. When it tries to take me to the page to update it, nothing shows up. I can't even remove the old version for lack of a home screen. Any ideas?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
do you have an alternat launcher dl'd?? if so, go into settings/apps/manage apps, and clear defaults for LP. then, when you press home button you will be asked to chose your launcher. chose the alternate, and then you can go about more easily working on getting LP+ updated. if you don't have an alternate dl'd, you can still clear defaults in LP, and you should be able to select the stock launcher. otherwise, you might try to get into the Mkt, and dl GO launcher, ADW, or one of the others.

OP
brennan

brennan

Reaction score
I can't get into settings because as soon as I push the home screen, it opens the browser. If I press the menu button while in messaging or any other app, it gives me settings for that particular app

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you tried to reboot? can you just keep pressing the back button and get to home screen, or at least the app drawer?

OP
brennan

brennan

Reaction score
Nope, just pops up the web browser every time, :( I just filed an insurance claim on it since my screen is cracked. This should fix the problem

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good luck! the screen crack may be the cause of your problems, as it may be activating something that you don't intend to launch. idk...

flygti03

Reaction score
Hey if that claim don't work out or if you still want just double press the home button twice and you can use the voice command... just say settings and then you can do what the other guy said to do... hope it works... I heard it from a Verizon guy

harrellj

Reaction score
If you can, try getting to the market. There was an issue a couple of weeks ago where many people had the problem you did and an update sorted them out. Since then, Fede has released a new version, which is why I suggest updating.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?