Launched Android Figurine into "Space" .. kinda.

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Thanks everyone! Glad everyone see's the humor in it - I know I'm having fun with it lol!

@electricman58: GPS unit on the As-droid-naut!! Got me to within 10 feet or so - it was pretty cool (first time I used GPS with the flights).

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Flew her (Android1) again this past weekend - crushed my previous telemetry! 1438' @ 226 mph experiencing 13.3g's!
:icon_ banana:Overall it was the best launch yet WOOT :icon_ banana:

[video=youtube;XsJfvF6Re3Q]http://youtu.be/XsJfvF6Re3Q[/video]

Pix & Telemetry: ANDRAC-mission-gallery - ANDRAC (Click on "Encore Flight"). Got some amazing (lucky) shots of the Android (As-droid-naut) ejecting @ 1438'. Here is my favorite:

(the nose cone is trailing the rocket now, because of the ejection event IE: nose cone pops off to allow chutes and As-droid-naut ejection)

snapshot49152012357pm.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Love it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Serpico said:
Thanks. I realize it's not really Android worthy news, and clutters up the board with junk - but I appreciate the support lol!

Oh fiddle sticks! This is awesome! Very Android worthy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Serpico said:
Thanks. I realize it's not really Android worthy news, and clutters up the board with junk - but I appreciate the support lol!

Andronaut not news-worthy? Take that back! :)

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
Hey all ... for those of you interested I have started building the next gen rocket for the ANDRAC missions. After careful consideration concerning possible conflicts with a rumored (yet unannounced) Android device I am assigning the name "NEXUS.X" for the next build and round of missions.
nexus-x-teaser.png

In past missions, the As-droid-naut had a mini DVR attached to him that recorded the launch with his POV. The data was collected after the As-droid-naut was recovered and the video was then posted to the ANDRAC website:

asdroidnaut_type2.png

The NEXUS.X mission goals are to launch the As-droid-naut AND a Samsung Galaxy Nexus that will stream the As-droid-naut POV LIVE via Google+ Hangout! The new rocket is much bigger and the thrust/power required is much more. A new ejection platform is also being designed to accommodate the new device.

Does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus they would like to donate to the mission? I know - let the laughter ensue :D! It can obviously be in any shape as long as it is functional. Consider the donation permanent as it will be modified slightly for the missions and I cannot guarantee it's safe return. I can guarantee it WILL be used ONLY for ANDRAC missions, I will mention you as a sponsor, and you will receive an ANDRAC T-shirt for your troubles .

​Please PM me if you have questions or are interested in donating to the cause :) Thanks!!

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
:blink: "Is this thing on?" ... tap tap ... seriously folks, from the silence you'd think I asked you for a $200 phone or something... :blink:

Thank you, the DancingNexusGNEX DancingNexusdonation was MUCH appreciated - you know who you are. The donator wished to remain anonymous. Next time you are in the Dallas area give me a shout out - drinks on me!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you to the anonymous donor! I am looking forward to the next launch!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't get how I missed such a great thread. Serpico, this is awesome and thanks a bunch for sharing these great videos:hail:

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
ANDRAC "Nexus.X" Mission Update:

The Android community is fantastic! I reached out to the community for a donation (I needed a Galaxy Nexus for these missions - working) and a donator stepped up (wanting to remain anonymous)! again thank you VERY MUCH!

The missions main goal was to stream live video over LTE during the launch via USTREAM, or a G+ Hangout via a Galaxy Nexus (thus the "Nexus.X" mission name). This is being tested shortly (I will be looking for folks to join and give their feedback).

Now, with the recent acquisition of the GNEX device, and hooking up with a dev that likes the idea, I hope to actually stream the flight data/telemetry live over LTE as well. After-all the GNEX is PACKED with sensors including Orientation/Gyroscope, GPS, Barometric, Accelerometer, and Magnetic Field.

LTE hasn't been tested at the speeds (and altitude) I expect to hit - so there will be some extensive testing prior to launching the actual rocket. I plan on launching the telemetry and GNEX on a controlled tethered helium balloon rig. WOOT!

OP
Serpico

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
A few updates, it's been a while since I've been on this board, sorry.

The flight to put the GNEX up (ANDRAC "Nexus.X" Mission) is now back on since our rocket club got it's high power field back! I plan on getting my certification this upcoming Saturday which means I should be good to fly the GNEX on board a rocket in the next couple months.

While waiting I decided to build a working model of my ANDRAC logo that will fly (hopefully ~ it's an oddroc) this weekend at the high power launch. Simulation sw says it will fly up to 600 ft. on a mid power motor, which is a pretty low altitude. Because of the shape and size of the project I had to add significant weight in the head. Just need to put the "ANDRAC" sticker on the front and it's done:

andraclogo3logo.png
cadhh.jpg
af86.jpg