Launch Twitter/Facebook Apps from Browser Link?

myriad46

Reaction score
Not sure if this is possible or not, but it just seems that if I have a native Android browser and native Facebook and Twitter apps, that when I tap a link to post with facebook or twitter, it would open those apps and not the mobile pages.

Anyone have a good work around, or know if you you can achieve this?

Thanks.

OP
myriad46

myriad46

Reaction score
I googled it and it appears that the code can be written to default certain webpages to be directed to open certain apps. I'd do it myself, but coding is way out of my league.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I used Desktop Visualizer to create custom shortcuts. I'm sure what you want is doable with it or even Better Cut app.

Not sure but after thinking about it the browser settings probably have to be configured to grab for an outside process or app so I dunno.

I've just confused myself about it in these very few minutes...lol

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
myriad46

myriad46

Reaction score
The functionality that I am looking for, is say that I am surfing www.Droid-life.com and I see an article that I'd like to retweet or post to my facebook profile. When I click on those links, instead of intiating/opening the twitter/facebook app on my Droid, it just opens another browser window asking me to log in to my twitter/facebook account on their mobile webpage.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
You almost need browser settings that specify the default app for each function. That's the way Windows would probably work but I'm just not sure here.

Longshot would be Tasker but.....

I'll keep searching because you've got me wanting it now!

~ DroidForums.net App ~