Latest update

HawkerDriver

Reaction score
Greetings fellow droid users!

My name is Jim and I am an airline pilot who uses my Droid 2 Global everywhere I go. While on my last trip, the latest version of the operating system automatically downloaded. While overall, I generally like the new look and feel, there are two issues and are very troubling and need to be addressed. First, a safety related issue. On two occasions, I powered down my phone and put it away prior to closing the main cabin door, only to find upon arrival in the new city that the phone had powered back up without any assistance. Since I can not trust the phone to shut down, I now must remove the battery. Any Ideas on how to fix or whats causing the problem? The second is more a nuisance that a problem. What happened to the display of the actual amount of battery available that once resided in the Settings sub menu?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hello Jim,

Hmmm, yeah I have heard of the D2G booting up on its own, haven't really found a solution other than pulling the battery, then again I only read a little bit about this issue. For your second problem I'm not familiar with the D2G setting, but it should be in the "about phone" section.

If you want a better battery meter, I personally use Circle Battery Widget and it works great. Looks real nice on the screen too and it can be customize from colors to the size of the circle.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution to your first problem. Most people have problems with their phones restarting...D2G owners seem to be worried about them turning on by themselves and taking over dancedroid

OP
H

HawkerDriver

Reaction score
Reply to Dezymond

Well, I talked with a Motorola help desk person that confirmed that the only way to fix it was a system reset. Since that destroys all programs on the memory tables, I am not willing to do that. So from here on out, I am just going to pull the battery every time I want it dead. Read, " P.I.A"!!!

I will look up you your battery widget app and try it out. All I really want to know is a display of exactly how much battery I have left. All of the other superfluous data is just noise.

Droid is not making me very happy right now. Does anybody know if I can get a copy of the previous software and reinstall it?

Hello Jim,

Hmmm, yeah I have heard of the D2G booting up on its own, haven't really found a solution other than pulling the battery, then again I only read a little bit about this issue. For your second problem I'm not familiar with the D2G setting, but it should be in the "about phone" section.

If you want a better battery meter, I personally use Circle Battery Widget and it works great. Looks real nice on the screen too and it can be customize from colors to the size of the circle.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution to your first problem. Most people have problems with their phones restarting...D2G owners seem to be worried about them turning on by themselves and taking over dancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well, I talked with a Motorola help desk person that confirmed that the only way to fix it was a system reset. Since that destroys all programs on the memory tables, I am not willing to do that. So from here on out, I am just going to pull the battery every time I want it dead. Read, " P.I.A"!!!

I will look up you your battery widget app and try it out. All I really want to know is a display of exactly how much battery I have left. All of the other superfluous data is just noise.

Droid is not making me very happy right now. Does anybody know if I can get a copy of the previous software and reinstall it?

Circle Battery Widget will let you know how much battery you have exactly left. And you wouldn't even have to go into your settings to check as it'll be a widget on your homescreen.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've been loading new roms on the Bionic like a crazy man and with this new rom I'm using it calls for a full system wipe every time. This like a Factory Hard Reset every day or so!! Anyway, I've found that as long as I have Backup and Restore checked in the Privacy menu 99% of my apps are reloading. In the past, only the paid apps would load fully. Now all apps, paid and free, are being automatically restored. So the only things I have to do is put my personal settings back in. Before you do a factory reset, backup all your apps that offer that function. I know a lot of the launchers now offer a backup, some of the browsers, To Do Lists, etc. Just check if they have an internal backup and do that. Then your settings for that app will be available after the reset. It's gotten a lot less painful recently.

Good luck.

OP
H

HawkerDriver

Reaction score
It is still doing it inspite of everything that I have tried

Just an update! I have tried everything that all of the tech savvy folks have suggested to no avail. Having talked with many other Droid 2 global users as I travel about, they all have the exact same issue as I do. All of the people with whom I have spoke, readily agree that their problems did not start until the new software was installed. It is becoming clear that Motorola has a problem with the new operating system and needs to either produce a patch to fix it or offer a reinstall of the old operating system. Does anybody from Motorola monitor these threads? Somebody please fix it before I wear out the battery connections on my phone!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just an update! I have tried everything that all of the tech savvy folks have suggested to no avail. Having talked with many other Droid 2 global users as I travel about, they all have the exact same issue as I do. All of the people with whom I have spoke, readily agree that their problems did not start until the new software was installed. It is becoming clear that Motorola has a problem with the new operating system and needs to either produce a patch to fix it or offer a reinstall of the old operating system. Does anybody from Motorola monitor these threads? Somebody please fix it before I wear out the battery connections on my phone!

Have you tried the Factory Reset yet?

OP
H

HawkerDriver

Reaction score
That is the only thing I havent done because I cannot find the setting you told me to check and assure the backup functions

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is the only thing I havent done because I cannot find the setting you told me to check and assure the backup functions

On my Droid Bionic it is under menu/settings/Privacy. I'm not experienced with the D2. But I think most are the same now.

Good luck.