Latest update messed up my Moto Command Widget

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't pretend to understand all of this, but as I understand it, the A/B partition allows an update to occur while still keeping the device active and usable and helps to avoid bricked devices due to a bad update download. The device runs on the current OS that is on one partition and the new update is loaded on the other partition and when complete, is applied and used. I'm no where near as smart as FoxKat, but this is the best I can do. I agree....where is old Foxy?
Android N borrows Chrome OS code for “seamless” update installation
A/B (Seamless) System Updates  |  Android Open Source Project

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think you nailed it jkaod!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you nailed it jkaod!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! That is quite a compliment coming from someone as immensely knowledgeable as you. I'm usually the one just throwing out dumb comments without much substance.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! That is quite a compliment coming from someone as immensely knowledgeable as you. I'm usually the one just throwing out dumb comments without much substance.
Plenty substance.... Got it
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just experienced it. Got a new security update on my phone. I was prompted to update my phone. Hit OK. Phone rebooted. And it was done. I mean, that's all it did. No screen in between "updating...". No optimizing any apps. It just...rebooted and the Sept security update was installed.
Pretty damn cool. I guess Oreo will work like that, too. The update is downloaded and installed on the A partition, and when you reboot it's just there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk