Last Post Wins.....Ver 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 thank you for the prayers. I took some more time off work to come down to the coast and trim some trees around the house, board up the top windows that are exposed, and gets the boats back out of the water once again. Looks like this one could bring a lot more wind than the last one. 5-8" of rain at my place and 8-12" down here at the coast

Here is a wind graph I have been studying trying to see how it is going to end up effecting the coast. You can see my location now on the barrier islands

62906f275d1e95dd668b68437ef5af64.jpg

T2 Tappin'
You've got your work cut out for you... Hope you and your family are heading inland at this point. Looks like it's going to be a bad one especially for those vulnerable barrier islands. Stay safe, my friend! And I'll keep praying for you and friends and family to be safe and dry! Give me a holler one the storm is past so I know you're OK!
@redbert31 thank you for the prayers. I took some more time off work to come down to the coast and trim some trees around the house, board up the top windows that are exposed, and gets the boats back out of the water once again. Looks like this one could bring a lot more wind than the last one. 5-8" of rain at my place and 8-12" down here at the coast

Here is a wind graph I have been studying trying to see how it is going to end up effecting the coast. You can see my location now on the barrier islands

T2 Tappin'

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score

T2 Tappin'
Wow! Looks bad out there Chevy!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 I think my dad is going to get my mom and my grandmother to head inland to stay with family but he and myself are going to stay probably stay to watch over everything. We will head out if the storm surge forecast gets over 3ft or winds get over 80mph. We are keeping an eye on the weather channel plus several meteorologists to make sure it will be ok to stay. Still no evacuation orders here yet. I will sure give you collar once it passes over though :)

T2 Tappin'

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@redbert31 I think my dad is going to get my mom and my grandmother to head inland to stay with family but he and myself are going to stay probably stay to watch over everything. We will head out if the storm surge forecast gets over 3ft or winds get over 80mph. We are keeping an eye on the weather channel plus several meteorologists to make sure it will be ok to stay. Still no evacuation orders here yet. I will sure give you collar once it passes over though :)

T2 Tappin'
Glad grandma and mom are heading inland, but you and dad be careful... It's better to lose stuff than people... This is a tricky one and I know you guys are really brave!! Keep your eye on the weather! Hope you have a battery radio just in case! I got one a few years ago that has a solar panel and a hand crank, so you have radio no matter what! CCrane is the manufacturer and they're pretty reasonably priced. It has noaa weather station too! Anyway stay dry and talk to you soon

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I run a vhf and cb radio in my Tahoe. My dad has a handheld vhf and I've got plenty of power banks for my cell and tablet. Car chargers for my AAA/AA batteries. Got a couple FM apps on my phone so I can keep up with the local news and just picked another 15gal of gas for the generator since the track has shifted a little bit. Plenty of non perishable food and water along with plenty of food/rawhide for ole blaze. I really do need to pick up a manually operated or solar powered NOAA radio though :)

T2 Tappin'

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's just about noon out here, sunny and supposed to hit a nice dry 90...
Looks like it's a beach bikini weekend ;)
Bikini watching that is.

Sent from my New Note 7

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bikini watching that is.

Sent from my New Note 7
You tried to correct yourself, but we all know that you really meant that you would be in your man-kini at the beach.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bikini watching that is.

Sent from my New Note 7
Hehehe!

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Well unfortunately a bittersweet ending to the standoff. I've actually been able to stay in touch with the hostages family who have been quite humiliated through this whole ordeal. Unfortunately this is just one of those cases where people make poor decisions as we all do. The man's name was Eddie and he had his wife inside the hotel with him. Eddie has lived for his daughter a life full of bad choices. He is now in the last stages of stage 4 cancer to which he decided he did not want to die in jail. Now I know people have various opinions however I stand firm and the fact that I showed no judgment to anyone. Unless you have walked in a person's shoes you have no right to judge. The officers and officials on site decided they would wait the standoff as long as it took because they did not want any deaths. There are always two sides to every story. Everyone sins and no sin is greater than another. This family is embarrassed and humiliated and we have tried as best we can as a town and community to let them know we do not judge them. Enclosing please I beg you don't pass judgment on those you know nothing about you have no clue what negative impact that could cause on a family. Both victims have been shot and are now headed to the hospital. It is and utterly incomplete tragedy that never should have happened. I appreciate all the officers in law enforcement that spent countless hours trying to find a peaceful solution. As well as officers reading this I would like to extend my gratitude for you serving your country and know that there are those of us out there who do respect and honor what you do daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You tried to correct yourself, but we all know that you really meant that you would be in your man-kini at the beach.

Take pictures!

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Also during this time my apologies for not mentioning my concern to those who are dealing with the hurricane. It's just so much has happened over the last 48 hours it is hard to keep track. I am glad I have friends to come too where I can share my thoughts. Thank you and God bless you all

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Sad that you'd even think that way...
Maybe you'd be looking for them...

Sent from my New Note 7

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Also during this time my apologies for not mentioning my concern to those who are dealing with the hurricane. It's just so much has happened over the last 48 hours it is hard to keep track. I am glad I have friends to come too where I can share my thoughts. Thank you and God bless you all

We're here for you BamaBelle! and anything that you are concerned with, we're glad to help you get thru! I know that you care about the folks dealing with the hurricane also, but when something is up close and personal like the hostage situation you had going on in your area, of course it will get your closest attention... So.. No apology necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.