Large Sideways Nite Ize Case for Droid X

mobilechrisd

Reaction score
I pre-ordered and just received today the Large version of Nite Ize case for the Droid X.

The belt case is made of ballistic nylon and sits horizontally on your belt. The closure is Velcro so it will not activate the DX like a magnetic closure will.

The DX fits the case perfectly. I could not be happier.

I owned the Medium version for the Droid 1 and was well pleased with it as well.

Link: Clip Case Sideways | Nite Ize

Just thought I'd share.

Chris

Janet1025

Reaction score
Another poster just recently posted on the same case, giving it good reviews, I really like the look of it, I am looking for a replacement to my Kraken holster which I dislike. I wonder if it will fit with my Kraken case on? what do you think?

kdkinc

Reaction score
I pre-ordered and just received today the Large version of Nite Ize case for the Droid X.

The belt case is made of ballistic nylon and sits horizontally on your belt. The closure is Velcro so it will not activate the DX like a magnetic closure will.

The DX fits the case perfectly. I could not be happier.

I owned the Medium version for the Droid 1 and was well pleased with it as well.

Link: Clip Case Sideways | Nite Ize

Just thought I'd share.

Chris

I have the "cargo" style for a few years and works and looks great,if you want a rugged case.
Might not work with a business suit situation.

A question about the side mount case.
the use of headphones or buds looks like it might be a issue as far as the jack or volume control.
Is this true??

OP
M

mobilechrisd

Reaction score
The elastic edge would not easily allow access to headphone port.

Chris

OP
M

mobilechrisd

Reaction score
Another poster just recently posted on the same case, giving it good reviews, I really like the look of it, I am looking for a replacement to my Kraken holster which I dislike. I wonder if it will fit with my Kraken case on? what do you think?

The fit is pretty snug on a naked DX so you probably will not be able to fit it in with another case on it.

Chris

kdkinc

Reaction score

The fit is pretty snug on a naked DX so you probably will not be able to fit it in with another case on it.

Chris

I just received the case and like it.:)
The phone does have a thick case over it and at the moment is hard to get in and out of the case but I believe that in time the case will stretch a tiny bit.
The ear plug jack may be a minor "getting use to it" issue .The volumne buttons are the real issue.
The thing I like the most is that when I get in and out of my car it doesn't feel nearly as bulky on my left hip as my cargo case I had.
Its a great case for the money and affords great additional protection.If I drop my phone I really don't worry much at all,so far...

Janet1025

Reaction score

Chris

The phone does have a thick case over it and at the moment is hard to get in and out of the case but I believe that in time the case will stretch a tiny bit.
The ear plug jack may be a minor "getting use to it" issue .The volumne buttons are the real issue.
The thing I like the most is that when I get in and out of my car it doesn't feel nearly as bulky on my left hip as my cargo case I had.
Its a great case for the money and affords great additional protection.If I drop my phone I really don't worry much at all,so far...

How thick is your case? I have the Kraken and its pretty thick... I also don't want a case holder which will have me struggling to pull the phone out!

kdkinc

Reaction score

Chris

How thick is your case? I have the Kraken and its pretty thick... I also don't want a case holder which will have me struggling to pull the phone out!

Too answer your question,
My phone won't slip out due to the "Body Glove" case on the phone it needs to be pulled out. The phone case has a rubberized textured case .
If the phone were naked it would slip out easily.
The phone is 3/4" of an inch thick at the bulge height wise the phone is 5 1/4" inch and the case is 5" but stretches very easily.
I had been using their large cargo style bag for a couple of year in construction and its still great. I really wanted a side mount case at this time.

Last edited: