Lapdock vs table?

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Lapdock vs tablet?

Just like the title says. What do you think.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Anyone? Also I edited it but the subject won't switch. It should say tablet.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I don't have the lapdock; although I'm thinking about getting one. I seriously don't really have a need for it; I have a laptop, a netbook for travel, and I use my Galaxy Tab for stuff like GPS and email. But I still kinda want the lapdock. Either way, I think I'll wait another month until the Lapdock 100 comes out, then decide. That way, if I do get it, it'll be compatible with other phones if/when I upgrade.

ljprevo

Reaction score
Exactly. Good point. I work remote and it would be nice to just slap the phone to a dock and get into my remote machine to do minor maintenance things. Right now I lug my laptop around, have to get it booted, teather it, etc. Would be nice to just slap the phone to a dock and off I go.

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Yeah. I like that 100. Im just not sure if I should get. Lapdock or a tablet when the time comes. I know a xoom2 will be out soon

NinaBelle

Reaction score
I LOVE my lapdock!!! I have a tablet, a laptop, and all that stuff too....but it's SO nice and easier to use the lapdock bc everything like emails is still stored on your phone, it's A LOT faster to start up than another device, and it's easier and lighter to carry around than a laptop. It was probably the best $$ I've ever spent on an electronic device...it has simplified my on-the-go life and has amplified my mobile experience.

jandrewcol

Reaction score
I am also torn...

I was at a corp store yesterday and played with a Razr and Lapdock 100. I don't know what to do either. I like the fact that the tablet is much thinner and can be stored easier. The Lapdock is really an extension of the phone. You can scale all the apps on the phone to full screen. You don't need a tether plan either. Since the dock is a dumb device they don't charge extra. I like the fact that it would make a nice productivity tool. I think of the tablet for myself as more of an entertainment device. The reasons I was going to buy a tablet were for web surfing, games, reading & Netflix. None of them really require a keyboard. Having a keyboard could be nice. I can get a Razr & Lapdock for less than I was going to spend on a wifi tablet. I was looking at either the Xoom2 or Asus Transformer Prime.
The piece I am wondering is if I should wait for an Ice Cream Sandwich phone and Lapdock. Then I wonder if instead of the apps scaling to fit the screen if they will adjust their resolution. I don't know how much I would use it but I also wish there was a camera on the Lapdock 100. I don't want the price of or the size of the larger dock which includes it.

mikespe

Reaction score
I just bought the Lapdock 100 this weekend and love it! I have a Laptop, Viewsonic gTablet AND now the Lapdock. They all serve different purposes for me. The laptop is more work oriented or for things that need more power/resources. The gTab is more for fun...games/movies and of course hacking (I'm running Flashback 10.0 Honeycomb on it)...the Lapdock is a nice mix...I can do all the basic office stuff like calendar, basic word processing, surf the web, etc...but don't need to depend on wifi access with it. Yea I can teather the gTab to my Bionic but the lapdock is just a sweet piece of technology. Plus if you plan on sticking with Motorola phones the Lapdock 100 works with the Bionic, Razr, Photon and Atrix 2...You do need to buy it from the store since online it only shows it being compatible with the Razr. I am hoping that there will be an update to the Webtop software soon so we can add more apps to the lapdock itself (or to the software). I saw a video of the razr and you can add shortcuts to apps that are on your phone right to the webtop. Right now wit hthe Bionic's webtop you can only add shortcuts to websites...Overall I love the lapdock 100!

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm still debating on the Lapdock 100. I've read it has some bugs with regards to the Bionic. Can anyone who owns it confirm that?

ljprevo

Reaction score
I got the lapdock and I am still wondering if it was worth it. I am trying to find an easy way to use RDP and have it look half way decent and full screen on the lapdock. I am using mine with my new Razr.

AlexSB

Reaction score
I've always likeded when I saw someone using an ipad connected to a keyboard like a laptop, then it came to me, that I could use my bionic with a lapdock!

But one question, isn't there something about lapdocks and rooted Bionics?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jtpowell

Reaction score
I got the lapdock and I am still wondering if it was worth it. I am trying to find an easy way to use RDP and have it look half way decent and full screen on the lapdock. I am using mine with my new Razr.
ThinVNC and ThinRDP. Both are pure HTML5 no flash no java needed.