Lagless Android -- Just A Thought

Zero5295

Reaction score
I've looked around the net, I think I understand why Android is laggy. Basically, it's because it's always multitasking, and doesn't stop what it's doing -- more or less akin to what Apple does -- in order to bring you the smoothest experience. Function over finesse, in other words. Keep in mind, I'm not a programmer by any means.

So here's my idea, and I know this would probably suck battery life away like nuts: is it possible, and if it was, to modify how Android uses the cores of a phone's processor so that one (or two, in the case of quad-core phones), is used ONLY for the functions of the phone, while the other(s) is/are used ONLY for UI rendering (giving the buttery smooth experience Jelly Bean 4.1 was renowned for)? If it is possible, then Android, in my mind, would have the potential to be even smoother than Apple's iOS in theory. What do you guys think? :eek:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've looked around the net, I think I understand why Android is laggy. Basically, it's because it's always multitasking, and doesn't stop what it's doing -- more or less akin to what Apple does -- in order to bring you the smoothest experience. Function over finesse, in other words. Keep in mind, I'm not a programmer by any means.

So here's my idea, and I know this would probably suck battery life away like nuts: is it possible, and if it was, to modify how Android uses the cores of a phone's processor so that one (or two, in the case of quad-core phones), is used ONLY for the functions of the phone, while the other(s) is/are used ONLY for UI rendering (giving the buttery smooth experience Jelly Bean 4.1 was renowned for)? If it is possible, then Android, in my mind, would have the potential to be even smoother than Apple's iOS in theory. What do you guys think? :eek:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
2 cores take care of most functions and software rendering while the powervr chip takes care of ui and hardware rendering. most androids lag due to bloatware, you eliminate that and it will chill out with the multitasking. you can edit core use with different governors as well.