Kit Kat Pre Release Build Available For Verizon LG G2

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Verizon has done an awful job at keeping their flagship devices updated to the latest and greatest builds of Android here lately. Verizon customers are still waiting for the Kit Kat update to make its way to their Note 3 devices. All other major carrier Note 3's already have Kit Kat. The Verizon LG G2 is no exception it too is the last in line for Kit Kat. This is why I have always been an advocate for Root and Roms. Developers are always much quicker to provide us with the latest builds of Android. They even keep our devices relevant with their updates long after OEMs have End Of Lifed our devices.

Developer "xdabbeb" has made available the process for updating your device to the pre-release version of kit kat on the Vzw LG G2. You will need to be rooted and you will need to have a knowledge of ADB in order to update your device. You should also be aware that this build may have bugs since it is the pre-release version.

To apply the update:

-Return to stock 4.2.2
-root without recovery
-push the update file to your device
-force your phone to read the update file
-reboot
-Profit

Head to the source link below for the full instructions.

via Rootzwiki

GAstorino

Reaction score
Not last in Line. Galaxy S4 on Verizon has yet to see the Kit Kat light of day while all other carriers have it. Seems ATT has better tech staff then Verizon. Surprise.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am so ready for a Kit Kat treat on my Note 3!!

sent from my hot Note 3