Kindle -- Magazines and Newspapers ?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Anyone try Kindle magazines or newspapers on their Droid yet?
How does it look? What magazine or newspaper did you get?
Any information appreciated.
Thanks!
Deb

ETA: looks like there's a 14 day free trial, guess I could try one, but I would like to hear what others have to say too.

fuzzym

Reaction score
I've been getting the New York Times for Kindle for probably about a month now and I think it looks really good. Everything's in color, the table of contents looks really nice, and articles read much the same as books read. All in all, I would say it is worth buying. Takes about a minute over 3G to download the day's issue, and it's probably worth noting that I have to start that process manually by opening the Kindle app myself, it doesn't automatically download the latest issue.

dinamael

Reaction score
Make sure you take full advantage of the free trial. Some papers (like the Wall Street Journal) will only work on an actual Kindle, not in Android or even on the PC. Also, in may cases, the formatting is not up to par w/ the print edition, and often there are some sections missing completely. I think the NYT is the best of the current offerings.

Anyone try Kindle magazines or newspapers on their Droid yet?
How does it look? What magazine or newspaper did you get?
Any information appreciated.
Thanks!
Deb

ETA: looks like there's a 14 day free trial, guess I could try one, but I would like to hear what others have to say too.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Is there more content than free sources? NYT has a free app that's pretty good.

Sent from my DROID PRO