Kicking off May with a Bang: NFL, Boxing, Avengers, and more

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

If you are looking for something to do this weekend you have plenty. Between The NFL Draft, Mayweather Paquiao fight, and the Avengers opening this weekend this will be an action filled weekend.

NFL Draft:
The NFL Draft will begin Thursday with the Buccaneers having the number one pick followed by the Titans, Jaguars, and Raiders. The Buccaneers are expected to take Jameis Winston, Titans are expected to trade their pick, and Marcus Mariota is being eyed by a number of teams. The draft will go from Thursdays to Saturday. What are you expecting your team to do in the draft?

Mayweather - Pacquiao Fight:
The fight we have been waiting for years to happen is now a few days away. Manny Paquiao will be fighting Floyd Mayweather this Saturday via PPV. Sports bars all over the country will be full of people watching the fight. Who are you picking in this fight?

Avengers Age of Ultron:
The most anticipated movie of the year will be hitting theaters this weekend. The Avengers Age of Ultron will open Friday in theaters across America.

Edit:

With all the excitement going on I totally forgot about the NHL and NBA Playoffs currently going on as well as MLB regular season in full swing (thanks @YankInDaSouth). Basically this weekend will be booked for me as I will try and indulge in all of those events.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
NFL Draft: I root for the Eagles and nobody except Chip knows what's going to happen, or even who their targets are. I'm guessing a WR though.

Mayweather - Pacquaio: I think it's going to be alot of dancing around the ring. If this fight had happen maybe 5 years ago, or even 3 years ago, it would be a much better fight. I don't keep up too much with boxing, but I know Mayweather just dances around the ring and his fights are boring to watch. And the last Pacman fight I saw, he didn't look the same when I last saw him fight De La Hoya. Two fighters well beyond their prime...I do want Pacman to win though, can't stand Mayweather.

NBA Playoffs: I got Spurs to repeat. Lots of significant injuries that make it hard to predict the playoffs, but I feel terrible for Kevin Love. I wasn't rooting Cavs, but Love was a player I always liked, and he got hurt because of a bush league play by Olynyk. I don't care what that guy says, there was intent to hurt Love and he did it. Love is out 4-6mo following surgery.

And everyone will be on the Anthony Davis wagon now. That was the first real look any casual fan had of his game and I think you'll see his jersey sales go up next year and alot more Pelicans game on national TV.

NHL Playoffs: I'm rooting Blackhawks. Didn't keep up too much with the season this year, but went to a few Sharks games. Too bad they couldn't get the job done and looking to really turn the roster upside down. GET RID OF DOUG WILSON!

Age of Ultron: I haven't seen the other Avengers movies

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I resent that last comment dezy!

S5 tap'n
I never been interested in superheroes, even as a kid. Putting my flame suit on...

- I've watched Iron Man 1 and 2. Movies were alright, but I have yet to really rewatch them unless out of boredom and when it's on FX.

- Thor, was boring and I stopped watching it like 30min in. I can't even tell you what happened in those 30min.

- Captain America, same thing as Thor.

- Hulk, I never liked and haven't watched any of the movies or even attempted to.

I can't even tell you the rest of the Avengers if there are more lol.

And I know he's not an Avenger or even Marvel, but Batman, The Dark Knight, I fell asleep watching.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I never really followed them as a kid either.
I wasn't a big fan of the Hulk....CGI looked baaaad in those movies. Captain American....meh....
never did see the Winter Soldier one (think that's what it was called). I have enjoyed The Avengers & the Iron Man series. Looking forward to this new one, but reviews have been all over the board so I don't know.
I can say given the choice I'd rather go see this movie than watch the May/Pac fight.

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you stream the live pay per view fight (ie via Chromecast).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
who's going to win the fight?
Don King.
I hope the new Avengers movie injects as much superfluous humor as the first one and second Thor movie.
Seahawks already made their first round pick, getting Graham from the Saints.
Other sports I have no clue or interest.
I'll be working at work and planting my garden this weekend so I'll be plenty busy anyway.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google firstrow eu.. Then just watch it on Chrome browser and Cast... Hit me up if anything bro

Tapped by NexusSix
Pming you now

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Well, did anyone watch the fight? Was it a good clean fight, over too soon, scored well/poorly, etc?

S5 tap'n