keyboard case

darkmatter

Reaction score
So, looking at this rumored iphone5 (ya i know, but stick with me here)

iphone.jpg

This would be a perfect solution for physical keyboard or no. Say, you get a case with a bluetooth keyboard, effectively making your, say, Bionic, into a larger Droid. With as thin as some of the larger phones are, like Bionic or Thunderbolt or Droid X, I could totally live with a case that adds a sliding bluetooth keyboard. I like having cake and eating it too.

Something like this is where I can give apple credit. when a company does something like this for the iphone, you know its going to fit. But with android, it has to be phone specific.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Interesting concept, but I see a big problem with it. With the Droid, the top part (screen) is the thinnest and lightest part. With the above, the entire phone is the top part and the bottom (keyboard) is thin and light. The balance would be terrible, with all the weight being overhung above the keyboard that you are holding.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Interesting concept, but I see a big problem with it. With the Droid, the top part (screen) is the thinnest and lightest part. With the above, the entire phone is the top part and the bottom (keyboard) is thin and light. The balance would be terrible, with all the weight being overhung above the keyboard that you are holding.

Not to worry, Steve Jobs will have the entire Apple community explaining how the heavier phone is actually better suited above the lighter keyboard...:rofl3:

I mean really, this is the same company that told 4 million people they were holding their phones wrong instead of admitting there was an actual issue with the phone....:)

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
ok,i can see what you're saying about balance. but I think its something I could deal with. I drool at the thought of a bionic with a physical keyboard, even if its aftermarket in a case form. (think otterbox with a bluetooth slider keyboard)

weber3040

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a bluetooth keyboard case for the s4 and has anyone tried one? I'm anxious to see the quality of them and reliability with a bluetooth connection. Thanks!