Keyboard Backlight problems

TheMagicalOne00

Reaction score
So after restarting my droid, i slide the screen to complete a text, and the backlighting for the the keys won't light up on any of them. I tried restarting the phone twice, but no help. Have any of you had this issue and had it resolved?

ryanm

Reaction score
My phone froze went black showed the red eye and seemed to back to normal but the keyboard wont light up

ntrddragn

Reaction score
There is a thread in this sub forum regarding this but basically ur kb will not light up if u have it on auto dimming and it bright out. But if that's not ur case then try go into setting keyboard n uncheck auto dimming n check it again. This has help others "unstcking" their kb lighting.

RFOneWatt

Reaction score
Just had the same problem and toggling autodim worked for me! (In addition, the bottom navigation buttons were not lighting up either)

Settings>Sound & Display>Brightness and then check/uncheck Automatic Brightness

~rf

“Any society that would give up liberty to gain security will deserve neither and lose both.” (Benjamin Franklin)
Write something about yourself.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
The keyboard on mine gets finicky after a boot. I always have it set to it's lowest unless I'm outside, but I find that if I cycle the brightness setting on the power control widget the keyboard comes back and acts normal. I'm running a ROM though, just a thought.

mreatright

Reaction score
I found my keyboard and bottom navigation buttons weren't lighting after restarting, also. A really quick fix for this is to just hit the power button at the top of the phone to lock it, then hit it again to unlock it. When I did this, the keyboard and navigational buttons came back to life. Hope this helps.

K4FX

Reaction score
I had this same problem, my kb would light intermittently, I turned the auto dim off and then on, now it works