Kernel and Battery

Papa_T

Reaction score
I am currently at 71% battery after about 5.5 hours of low use. I looked in the Badass Battery Monitor and see where the kernel has used 51.5% of the useage. The next culprit is motorola.blur.friendfeed at 3.1%.

I am currently using 3G and background sync.

What is the kernel exactly and why would it be using so much more battery than anything else? Trying to understand why when I'm in the office, battery runs down quickly, but when I'm in town, it doesn't drain as fast using the same set up.

Thanks
Papa_T

manky

Reaction score
My dell battery that just use one year runs down quickly and I decide to buy a new one. I heard a friend said replacement battery cheap and good quality,so want to buy one. How about the website: http:/www.pcbatteria.com ?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am currently at 71% battery after about 5.5 hours of low use. I looked in the Badass Battery Monitor and see where the kernel has used 51.5% of the useage. The next culprit is motorola.blur.friendfeed at 3.1%.

I am currently using 3G and background sync.

What is the kernel exactly and why would it be using so much more battery than anything else? Trying to understand why when I'm in the office, battery runs down quickly, but when I'm in town, it doesn't drain as fast using the same set up.

Thanks
Papa_T

Don't know why you're phone is using large amounts of battery for the kernel, but the kernel is the foundation of the operating system.

If your phone runs down quicker in one location than another, its probably related to the cell towers, and may be 3G versus 4G, or good 4G coverage versus poor. Do you have WIFI available to you at any of the locations you frequent? WIFI uses less power so it can help significantly with reducing overall battery consumption.

By the way, 71% after 5 hours is actually pretty good for a smart phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I do not have WiFi in my office, so I always turn it off while here. 4G not available here, so 3G is running. I have found out that since my office has a tin roof, 3G is not as good as it could be and is probably causing some drainage. Since the original post, I have downloaded the BatteryXL app. Let me tell you, that app has saved me more battery than anything I have tried short of turning the phone off. Other apps, I'm sure, save battery as well, but this one gives me the options I NEED. I now have about 93% battery on average after 5.5 hours instead of 71%. dancedroid