Keepassdroid, what does it do?

Kentucky Steve

Reaction score
I was looking for a simple program that I can store all my passwords and credit card info in. I downloaded keepassdroid, but it "encrypts" the passwords after I put them in. I'm thinking that it is for connecting to a site and it puts the password in.

I just want an app that I can store the info, open it, and just see it.

thanks in advance for any info. By the way, I'm somewhat new to my Droid.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
I use an app called "Keeper" from the market. It's free, it encrypts all your data on the device, but it only takes one, master password to view any data you put in it. It also has some backup options that I haven't availed myself of. I came from a Blackberry that had a password keeper built in and this seems to be a perfect replacement.

DavePDX

Reaction score
KeePassDroid is quite handy and will allow you to view your stored passwords after entering a master password. Before I got my Droid I had all my login id's and passwords on my desktop PC stored in KeePass. I was able to copy the encrypted file to my Droid and after installing KeePassDroid I am able to view each website's URL, login id (name), and password. It initially shows dots for the password but if you press the menu key there are options to show the password, copy the password, copy the user name, or go to the URL.

I used a plugin for KeePass called KeeFox which allows all passwords, login id's and URL's in Firefox to be imported into KeePass. I copied that saved KeePass file to my Droid to the appropriate directory. I find it quite handy to have all my saved passwords and usernames from Firefox on my Droid so that it is easy to copy/paste usernames and passwords on those websites that I use that require login's. I don't use simple passwords so it is much easier for me to use rather than re-entering all of the usernames and passwords again "by hand" on the Droid.

jimnutt

Reaction score
There's all sorts of useful things that keepass can do. For starters, there are windows, windows mobile, mac and linux versions that are all compatible so you can have one master password file on all your systems. Then there's the fact that when you open a single entry in keepass it puts a couple of icons in the notification bar, one of them copies the username for that entry to the clipboard and the other the password. You can use these to paste passwords into your browser or anywhere else you need them. It encrypts the password list so that it if you lose your phone your passwords aren't compromised. Of course, you do have to remember the master password, but it's a lot easier to remember one master password than dozens of other passwords (you do use a different password for every website, right? keepass makes that easy).