Keep getting insufficient storage error in market

PhontomF

Reaction score
It seems most the time whenever I download a game or app in the market over 5 megs I get the insufficient storage error and then on the second attempt to install it works fine. I have over 3 gigs free. Anyone else seen this issue?

stevo95

Reaction score
Yes. I had an app uninstall and when I went to reinstall I got insufficient storage. I didnt try it a second time though, I uninstalled a couple of apps and it worked fine.

themuttt

Reaction score
I had this a couple of times when I was installing a bunch of apps at once, I lessened how many I was installing at once and seemed to work fine after that

wmollock

Reaction score
I had this problem as well and found that there was too much crap running on my phone. I went to manage apps and killed any running apps that i was not using and it fixed it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
I had this problem as well and found that there was too much crap running on my phone. I went to manage apps and killed any running apps that i was not using and it fixed it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Strange I don't see how running processes would cause this but I will give it a shot. It's especially annoying when you download a game that's like 50 megs and then have to download it again.

wseyller

Reaction score
Strange I don't see how running processes would cause this but I will give it a shot. It's especially annoying when you download a game that's like 50 megs and then have to download it again.

happened once to me on a 50 meg game. I tried it a second time and it worked.

skowalewski

Reaction score
insufficient Storage available error

I was getting the same error from the Android Market and Amazon Apps Market. I used the advance task manager to kill everything and then tired installing the App, worked fine. This appears to be a small bug with the Droid Bionic or OS.

bronskrat

Reaction score
I still have this problem. Downloading/installing a second time usually works. I also wonder if this is related to some apps "disappearing." I have some apps (random) whose icon will return to the link icon (blue cog wheel in a lighter blue square). My guess is that it tried to autoupdate but failed due to this error and then it never tries again. I haven't been able to catch it in the act though, so it's just a theory. My Skype app disappeared this way and I didn't know it since I didn't have it added to a pane.

This is an annoying bug!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Okay 2 problems that I Will address here.
1. Insufficient storage. Its a glitch in the software and to my knowledge nobody knows why. All u have to do is download the app again and it will work fine. Pain in the butt I know but I have faith it will be fixed.

2. Disappearing app icons and "application not installed" messages. Press menu and select manage apps. Click the media tab. Scroll down your list and look for any apps that have a green check mark. Click on the app with a green check mark and select "move to phone". For some reason the Bionic has a problem reading apps installed on the SD card. So for now all apps need to be installed on the phone and not installed to media.

Hope this helps.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

XdebugX

Reaction score
1. Insufficient storage. Its a glitch in the software and to my knowledge nobody knows why. All u have to do is download the app again and it will work fine. Pain in the butt I know but I have faith it will be fixed.

2. Disappearing app icons and "application not installed" messages. Press menu and select manage apps. Click the media tab. Scroll down your list and look for any apps that have a green check mark. Click on the app with a green check mark and select "move to phone". For some reason the Bionic has a problem reading apps installed on the SD card. So for now all apps need to be installed on the phone and not installed to media.

Hope this helps.

I believe Infiniti87 is right. I get these insufficient storage errors all the time when downloading apps big or small. I've tried formatting the SD cards and the Internal memory. Half the time the phone will hang on unmounting internal memory and never unmount it. I've even tried a factory reset and got the same errors shortly thereafter, so I don't think it's any bogus apps causing it. It must be some bug in the bionic internal storage software. I hope Infiniti87 is right and they fix this with an update, btw anyone know when the bionic will get ICS?

ctrlaltdel121

Reaction score

Hope this helps.

When you put these two problems together it makes it very irritating to use the phone, especially when, like me, you don't know that trying the install again usually works. I kept using the media area to fix the first problem and then the second problem would happen. Does anyone know if custom roms would also exhibit this problem or is it an issue with stupid blur?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Back in the day, when we would get this message on our Droid 1, we would delete the ".android.secure" file. The file is on the sdcard-ext and don't worry about deleting it as the OS will rewrite it immediately.

bigtex52

Reaction score
Just keep trying would be my advice. I believe that sometimes the Bionic has a bit of a memory management problem with which results in that message. Backing out and getting back end usually works when I experience that problem.

Flamez621

Reaction score
I am also having this problem. When I try to download/install certain apps (Most apps) it will come up with an error message saying "Error downloading (Whatever app) . There is insufficient space on the device. I try to download it multiple times, and it never works. Sometimes it will let me download things, and sometimes it won't. Most times, it won't. I had it for about a day before it started doing that, probably less. I tried freeing up some space by deleting things even though I already had enough space to begin with, and it didn't work. I also tried to go into task manager and remove some unused apps and such. Also didn't work. Should I send it back and get another one? Get a new SD card? Someone please help me. :D