K9 mail setup

rrokit

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to move from native e-mail to K9 but I am having a basic issue with passwords. It seems a simple matter to set up an e-mail address and password but I don't know to which password K9 is referring. I have several e-mail accounts I'd like to set up. Does this mean the password that I assigned to each of my e-mail accounts previously or am I to create a new one?
Thank you.
Bob

OP
R

rrokit

Reaction score
I was just logging back on to try to edit more info on my OP. I've tried every conceivable password and I keep getting 'invalid username and password'. Do I need to delete or inactivate my other e-mail client b4 I begin using K9?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of deleting from the stock app you can just turn off polling for now. This way you can go back to stock if necessary by turning on polling. I think most/all mail servers allow more than one client at a time but I could be wrong. The real problem seems to be that your username or password or both are incorrect.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
I was just logging back on to try to edit more info on my OP. I've tried every conceivable password and I keep getting 'invalid username and password'. Do I need to delete or inactivate my other e-mail client b4 I begin using K9?

I know exactly what the problem is:

When you type in your user name, make sure
it is correct. When I say correct, I mean that sometimes K9 doesn't accept
just your user name, OR doesn't like the @yahoo.com, @gmail.com
@xxxxx.edu (I know because this has happened)

You use your ONE password you created for each, but try this and let us know if this worked, because it did for me!