Just upgraded from .7 to .9 and now I can't install apps. Please Help!

cmdixon

Reaction score
I just updated from .7 to .9. I followed the instructions and wiped data / cache before installing .9. Everything seemed to go great. My phone booted up into .9 and started downloading a couple of apps and then it just quit. I'm trying to get Titanium Backup to install so I can do a restore of my other apps, but I can't get a darn thing to install. I just get "download unsuccessful, please try again".

I did some searching here and on google. I've tried some things mentioned, but so far nothing is working. I tried going in to manage apps and I cleared the data & the cache on the market app, then rebooted. That didn't work. I tried going in to clockwork and clearing cache, but that didn't work. And just recently I removed my SD card, cleared data & cache on the market app, rebooted and that didn't work.

Anyone have any other suggestions. I'm not sure what else to try. I am pretty new to all of this. Although I started with Liberty 2 something, then went to Liberty GB .5, then Liberty GB .7 and now I'm shooting for Liberty GB .9. At any rate, if you have any suggestions, please consider me a newbie. :)

Thanks! Colleen

Reaction score
Try flashing .9 again. Sometimes that works out the bugs. Otherwise you might want to start with a fresh install from SBF.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

cmdixon

Reaction score
Thanks Kasey. I'm trying that now. Took me a minute to find the zip, but then I remembered reading that when the file downloads it doesn't have the .zip extension. I fixed that and it's going now. I'll report back shortly.

OP
C

cmdixon

Reaction score
Well, flashing .9 again didn't work. Ugh! Guess it's going to be a long night.

Beka27

Reaction score
This happened with my husband's phone earlier when I was putting on .9. I had to install the free version of tb and then the pro version worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

cmdixon

Reaction score
Well, everything is working again. I had to wipe data / factory reset, reinstall liberty and now everything is downloading. Thank goodness!