Just updated to the new rom.. Can't get email push notifications working.

Varking

Reaction score
Using gmail I have to manually go into the app now and select refresh when it used to just tell me when new emails came in. Anybody know how to fix this? I checked setting and there was nothing about making it check every 5 minutes or so.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check Settings>Accounts and sync and make sure you Gmail is synced on...but just as a side note, i have sync issues as well, and my settings are fine. don't know if it's the ROM, the gmail app itself, or something else

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Using gmail I have to manually go into the app now and select refresh when it used to just tell me when new emails came in. Anybody know how to fix this? I checked setting and there was nothing about making it check every 5 minutes or so.

I had that same problem. Go into setting> accounts & sync and make sure sync Gmail is checked.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. What is so weird is that it was syncing contacts and picasa photos but not gmail itself. Only tab not syncing. Thanks a lot!

islandak

Reaction score
Check Settings>Accounts and sync and make sure you Gmail is synced on...but just as a side note, i have sync issues as well, and my settings are fine. don't know if it's the ROM, the gmail app itself, or something else

I think that was it! I didn't open "gmail" in the accounts screen when I checked it. Thank you!