Just recieved replacement, extra micro SD card?

Tuckie

Reaction score
The earpiece on my Droid had developed an annoying buzz when anyone talked (annoyingly just outside of the 30 days). I just received my barebones (no battery, accessories, battery cover, etc) replacement, but what it does come with is an SD card. Am I excepted to ship this new card back with my old phone? Verizon's pamphlet says to keep all my accessories, including memory cards. Has anyone else received an extra card, and what have you done with it?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The earpiece on my Droid had developed an annoying buzz when anyone talked (annoyingly just outside of the 30 days). I just received my barebones (no battery, accessories, battery cover, etc) replacement, but what it does come with is an SD card. Am I excepted to ship this new card back with my old phone? Verizon's pamphlet says to keep all my accessories, including memory cards. Has anyone else received an extra card, and what have you done with it?

I ahd the same issue. I also got a replacement device. I kept the extra card and no one said a thing. Take that FWIW

Guchi

Reaction score
i also got a replacment and kept the extra sd card

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I replaced two Droids and only the first one came with a memory card ... I kept mine and sent the other back. Can you use two 16gb cards at once? Someone mentioned that Droid is capable of 32gb but they may have been blowing smoke up ... LOL!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I replaced two Droids and only the first one came with a memory card ... I kept mine and sent the other back. Can you use two 16gb cards at once? Someone mentioned that Droid is capable of 32gb but they may have been blowing smoke up ... LOL!

Yes the droid has the ability to use 32GB microSD cards, but they aren't out yet. Once they are out, you can buy one and put it in there.

OP
T

Tuckie

Reaction score
I just activated the new phone and signed into my account, why aren't the apps automatically downloaded back onto my phone? I thought it was automatic. Is there a good way to do this?

zinny0753

Reaction score

I ahd the same issue. I also got a replacement device. I kept the extra card and no one said a thing. Take that FWIW

Side question....I got a replacement as well. (No card!) But where do I send the broken one?? There were no instructions.

roflcopters

Reaction score
It should have came with a prepaid FedEX shipping label...just put the old on the in box the new one came with and use that label. Drop off at FedEX and done.

tamlin42

Reaction score
I just got a replacement and haven't sent the old one back in yet. I was joking with a buddy about keeping the extra card, but apparently you can get away with it? How long has it been since you sent yours back in sans card?

mclarryjr

Reaction score
I would be careful just when you think you can keep it they will start cracking down and charging your account for it.