just navigation

bxs122

Reaction score
I played around with the Navigation today and two things came up:

1 - Can I just use the Navigation feature where there is not necessarily an end point just the map on the screen and an icon representing my current location?

2 - When Navigation is on and the car is moving is there a setting to enable keeping the icon pointed up and the map turns ? This has a name in my Garmin as an option but cannot find it in the settings.

thank you

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I played around with the Navigation today and two things came up:

1 - Can I just use the Navigation feature where there is not necessarily an end point just the map on the screen and an icon representing my current location?

2 - When Navigation is on and the car is moving is there a setting to enable keeping the icon pointed up and the map turns ? This has a name in my Garmin as an option but cannot find it in the settings.

thank you

1-Yes, I did this today, but it was a little easier for me as I have the dock. You'd have to find the icon on the phone to put it into Car Home mode. Then, select View Map. From there, use the menu for My Location. BAM!!!!, you have the nav on and following your movement.

2-Haven't figured this one out yet. I know it did it when I was ACTUALLY using it to guide me to Tampa yesterday, but if you're using it as in point 1, not sure.

Hope I helped somewhat.

eric777

Reaction score
Marine Navigation

Is there any marine navigation
application with follow me
and chartplotter on the horizon?