Just got the Ebay 11 accessory pack

Firehazard

Reaction score
So I went ahead and ordered the 11 pack of accessories from ebay. You can see it here 11 Accessory bundle case charger for motorola droid X - eBay (item 290458833231 end time Jul-29-10 17:22:52 PDT) I will also attach the pic so you can still see it when the auction ends. It is from the user touch.world. I ordered on 7/21 and got it today at 7/28 which is impressive considering it came from Hong Kong. A+ for the seller on getting the items here that fast. I am actually pretty impressed with what I got for $17.99 (free shipping).

It is actually more like a 7 pack because they include 2 stylists (stupid and worthless) and they count the screen protector 3 times. You end up getting: 3 screen protectors, Leather case pouch, Universal car mount, Car charger, Home charger, USB cord, and headphones with mic. The only part that I have found to be a POS is the car charger, I will review each individually below.

Screen protector:

I was a little iffy about these at first, but they ended up not being too bad. I didn't even think I wanted any screen protector when I got these. I put the first one on and it bubbled on the side and I could not get rid of it. You can see from the pics. I removed the first one and tried again. I was much more successful with the second one. The fit on these looks pretty good to me. They are a tiny bit short, but you can barely even notice it. The width is perfect. I am keeping the screen protector on because I like it. For some reason I think the touch screen feels even better with the screen on, go figure.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Leather case with clip:

I am actually very happy with this. While the quality of the leather is not the best, it gets the job done. The magnents were a slight issue. It does have a magnet in it to keep the case closed. I played around with it and found that if I slid the phone in very quickly it did not activate the docks. I also put it in upside down, Hump end down, and no matter how slow I put it in it would not activate the docks. This however was enough to annoy me. So I used an exacto knife to cut out the magnets. There are 2, one in the flap and one on the pouch. This was fairly easy to do, however you are left with cuts on your case. I solved this by using sticky velcrow to cover them up. I am very happy with the results. One downside is that the clip does not swivel.

Rating - without modification 3 out of 5, with mod 4 out of 5

Car mount:

This seems ok. It is a universal one that just clamps down on the phone. The suction cup seems to be of decent quality. One downside is that the part that connects the phone holder to the snake neck suction cup does not lock. My car has modified suspension so I can see bumps in the road knocking it off. I have not used this yet so I will edit this review when I get a chance.

Rating - 3 out of 5

Home charger and extra USB cable:

Both work, the home AC charger I used for a little bit and it charged fine and did not seem to heat anything up too badly. Used the USB on my motorola dock and it worked.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Car charger:

This thing feels like it is falling apart. The case is very loose and frankly I am afraid to use it. I will edit when I use it to see if it works. Also the cord is not very long.

Rating - 2 out of 5

Headphones with Mic:

These are pretty decent for the price also. I tried out the headphones and they sounded ok. Not the best I have heard and not the worst. One thing I dont like is that they are the one side shorter than the other style. One huge plus of this set is that you can actually unplug the headphones and use the mic with any other set of headphones. The mic adapter alone is worth it. I tested out the mic with a voice recorder and it worked pretty well.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Overall I think it was worth it. For $18 I got a few pieces that I will definitely be using. If you are looking for any of this stuff cheap I say go for it. The fast shipping was also a huge plus.

Overall rating - 4 out of 5

kmasum

Reaction score
So I went ahead and ordered the 11 pack of accessories from ebay. You can see it here 11 Accessory bundle case charger for motorola droid X - eBay (item 290458833231 end time Jul-29-10 17:22:52 PDT) I will also attach the pic so you can still see it when the auction ends. It is from the user touch.world. I ordered on 7/21 and got it today at 7/28 which is impressive considering it came from Hong Kong. A+ for the seller on getting the items here that fast. I am actually pretty impressed with what I got for $17.99 (free shipping).

It is actually more like a 7 pack because they include 2 stylists (stupid and worthless) and they count the screen protector 3 times. You end up getting: 3 screen protectors, Leather case pouch, Universal car mount, Car charger, Home charger, USB cord, and headphones with mic. The only part that I have found to be a POS is the car charger, I will review each individually below.

Screen protector:

I was a little iffy about these at first, but they ended up not being too bad. I didn't even think I wanted any screen protector when I got these. I put the first one on and it bubbled on the side and I could not get rid of it. You can see from the pics. I removed the first one and tried again. I was much more successful with the second one. The fit on these looks pretty good to me. They are a tiny bit short, but you can barely even notice it. The width is perfect. I am keeping the screen protector on because I like it. For some reason I think the touch screen feels even better with the screen on, go figure.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Leather case with clip:

I am actually very happy with this. While the quality of the leather is not the best, it gets the job done. The magnents were a slight issue. It does have a magnet in it to keep the case closed. I played around with it and found that if I slid the phone in very quickly it did not activate the docks. I also put it in upside down, Hump end down, and no matter how slow I put it in it would not activate the docks. This however was enough to annoy me. So I used an exacto knife to cut out the magnets. There are 2, one in the flap and one on the pouch. This was fairly easy to do, however you are left with cuts on your case. I solved this by using sticky velcrow to cover them up. I am very happy with the results. One downside is that the clip does not swivel.

Rating - without modification 3 out of 5, with mod 4 out of 5

Car mount:

This seems ok. It is a universal one that just clamps down on the phone. The suction cup seems to be of decent quality. One downside is that the part that connects the phone holder to the snake neck suction cup does not lock. My car has modified suspension so I can see bumps in the road knocking it off. I have not used this yet so I will edit this review when I get a chance.

Rating - 3 out of 5

Home charger and extra USB cable:

Both work, the home AC charger I used for a little bit and it charged fine and did not seem to heat anything up too badly. Used the USB on my motorola dock and it worked.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Car charger:

This thing feels like it is falling apart. The case is very loose and frankly I am afraid to use it. I will edit when I use it to see if it works. Also the cord is not very long.

Rating - 2 out of 5

Headphones with Mic:

These are pretty decent for the price also. I tried out the headphones and they sounded ok. Not the best I have heard and not the worst. One thing I dont like is that they are the one side shorter than the other style. One huge plus of this set is that you can actually unplug the headphones and use the mic with any other set of headphones. The mic adapter alone is worth it. I tested out the mic with a voice recorder and it worked pretty well.

Rating - 4 out of 5

Overall I think it was worth it. For $18 I got a few pieces that I will definitely be using. If you are looking for any of this stuff cheap I say go for it. The fast shipping was also a huge plus.

Overall rating - 4 out of 5

Can you please tell me if you are able to charge your phone in portrait mode while your phone attached to car mount, I got one carmount from ebay which blocks my power input

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
F

Firehazard

Reaction score
Can you please tell me if you are able to charge your phone in portrait mode while your phone attached to car mount, I got one carmount from ebay which blocks my power input

It does not block the charger port. The phone is much longer than the holder.

kmasum

Reaction score

It does not block the charger port. The phone is much longer than the holder.

would you be kind enough to take a picture of your droid x charging while in portrait position in car mount? i already returned one items from ebay, it wasnt fitting properly.. thank you kindly

derrickonline

Reaction score
Holster Question....

Can you tell me if that holster has a belt loop slot on it? NOT THE CLIP, but it looks like you can slide a belt through it too.

I always seem to break clips so I love a vertical case with belt loops. I had a nice one for my :GASP: iPhone made by LRG & Monster.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TlWW8G6ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

PS: I didn't have that ugly color, but this one shows how you can slide your belt through landscape or portrait style (notice the red pieces on the back). It even had snap on things so you could hang it off a belt loop etc.

Unfortunately it won't fit my Monster Droid X. I hate horizontal cases. Makes me feel like an old man with a fanny pack.