Just got my Revo today

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
"thecubed" is the guy that ported cwm to it. He's working on roms. He just posted a stock rooted rom for people that didn't save a backup. His next is to remove bloat and build a nice clean bloat free stock rom. Then he wants to work on porting cm7.

LG has 60 days to release source under their license agreement, so if we see a gingerbread ota soon from LG like has been rumored, we may see that source released and get some roms going on.

We're still talking three weeks at least before we see an aosp rom.

i guess i'll just wait. i just wish z4root would work for the revo already. i wanna freeze and uninstall so much crap.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
"thecubed" is the guy that ported cwm to it. He's working on roms. He just posted a stock rooted rom for people that didn't save a backup. His next is to remove bloat and build a nice clean bloat free stock rom. Then he wants to work on porting cm7.

LG has 60 days to release source under their license agreement, so if we see a gingerbread ota soon from LG like has been rumored, we may see that source released and get some roms going on.

We're still talking three weeks at least before we see an aosp rom.

i guess i'll just wait. i just wish z4root would work for the revo already. i wanna freeze and uninstall so much crap.

check out xda-developers.com and look for the android development section of the Revo forum. Rooting this phone is super easy then you can freeze away!!

powder

Reaction score
I used super one click. Took about 2 minutes. There is another method that "thecubed" found that basically is just pushing superuser.apk to the phone because it's pretty much already rooted from the factory by my understanding. It requires adb being set up.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
Finally rooted. How do I remove the preloaded lg facebook and twitter?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

kjumper187

Reaction score
I've had my Revo for a week and starting to love it. It was a toss up between the Charge and the Revo, and played w/ both in the store. My GF broke the Charge within 3 minutes, so went Revo. (Side note, went to get her a new phone lastnight before the "pay per data" came out. I played with the Charge again, and it froze up 3 times in 10 minutes. BUT I got her away from a BB finally! dancedroid)

Coming from a D1 (as with any new phone) it took some getting used to. There are a few things I would change ASAP if I could. Wish I could make it louder and vibrate stronger on calls and msgs. REALLY miss the physical keyboard, but it is what it is. HATE bing, but dwnlded google/maps. And of course, battery life.

Other than that, I love the 4G speed. It's crazy fast here in Metro Detroit. The screen is way better than my D1 on many levels. Have not seen the light leak mentioned, have had no problems with the gps *knock on wood*, was able to change the backlight settings with 4 clicks (unrooted), set my T9 (or whatever you want to call the suggested words in text). Glad to have speed dials again.

All in all, really happy w/ the REVO. Wish I could've held out for the BIONIC (or whatever kind of mut they are making it into now), but would say it's the best 4G phone out on VZW right now.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
Does the revo do voice + data if I put it on 3g only? Really annoyed that it has to restart every time. Also.. How do I fix my dang search button to be google? I forgot what file I had to rename

Sinestro

Reaction score
Revo???

I Like my Revo, sure it has a low battery life but that's to be expected with new 4G tech. It's extremely fast and user friendly. The big con is the battery life but I've got a few extra chargers so it's a non issue. If anyone has any advice on how to extend the battery i'm all ears.
I am running Advanced Task Killer but am open to new apps

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Finally rooted. How do I remove the preloaded lg facebook and twitter?

I use Titanium Backup on my OG Droid.

Does the revo do voice + data if I put it on 3g only? Really annoyed that it has to restart every time. Also.. How do I fix my dang search button to be google? I forgot what file I had to rename

Nope.

Does this help:

The search button thing is fixed. Uninstall bing, copy googlequicksearchbox.apk into system, rename it quicksearchbox.apk and it's fixed. If you're rooted, most apps can be removed with root explorer. CWM is available. Same guy that ported CWM is working on a stock rom for it. Development is coming along nicely. I couldn't be happier with my choice. I could however see your frustration if i'd gotten a bad one. My scores and functionality are on par with most of the reviews i've read of them though, so i'm not disappointed with it's performance.

I Like my Revo, sure it has a low battery life but that's to be expected with new 4G tech. It's extremely fast and user friendly. The big con is the battery life but I've got a few extra chargers so it's a non issue. If anyone has any advice on how to extend the battery i'm all ears.
I am running Advanced Task Killer but am open to new apps

Ditch the killer for a task manager. Task killers aren't needed on your phone =)

Last edited: