Just Got my Case-Mate Tough Case!

cebosound

Reaction score
Case-Mate Tough Case for Samsung Droid Prime CM017195 watched a couple of reviews of this case, and thought to give it a try. Because this phone was so light and thin I wanted something with a little extra protection and with a good grip. THis fit the bill. ... some may like the bodyglove commuter, but i havent been a big fan of the bulk you get with some of the body glove products, plus i don't like buttons and ports covered up.

It came today. I really like the case so far. It was a little tricky getting the buttons through the correct places, but I think i got it done reasonably well. I think this may be a bit of a lint magnet over time. but overall it seems like a good amount of protection. The case also makes the phone feel very nice in the hands. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a case in this area.

Couple of vids I viewed:
[video=youtube;Z35DJH50Fx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35DJH50Fx0[/video]
YouTube
[video=youtube;Vl87ZwpxbWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl87ZwpxbWg"]Galaxy Nexus Case-Mate Tough Case CM017195 - YouTube[/video]

Last edited:
OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
No, not this case in particular but any case that you first unwrap has a lot of static cling. They all get better with time once they "break in".
Oh, OK. I see what u mean. Makes sense..

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
***UPDATE***
So I have been using the Tough Case for about a week now, and overall I am very happy with it.

PROS: Texture, Feel and Fit in hand, peace of mind from dual layer protection, good amount of lip around front of screen.
CONS: the back is more slippery than I anticipated, power button doesnt seem to fit right.

I have contacted Case Mate about the "Fit" issue. They have been very prompt helpful. They explained to me that they were sent a prototype of the Galaxy Nexus and made a case to fit it, but before Samsung released the phone to the public they made minor changes. this cause issues with the fit. ... The Great News is they are going to send me a replacement free of charge when the updated case becomes available (about a month). ............ I am very happy with their customer service at this point. I will give an update once I receive the new Case-Mate Tough Case for my Galaxy Nexus. :)