Just got a Moto X

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to say I just got a Moto X from Republic Wireless and I am stunned by it so far. I love the feel of the phone physically, and the software is as equally awesome. Just wanted to say what have you guys found awesome in this phone that no others offer? Also like the OK Google Now feature.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i agree johnny, i'm actually moving to a moto x. i am currently on verizon with my ultra maxx, moving to t-mobile on friday. got my moto x in the mail yesterday. i like the heavy feel. love the ok google now in my maxx.
and i actually think the flick wrist for camera is pretty convenient.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is just a phone that works. I have no complaints. The other smartphones I've had have had quirks, but this one just seems to work. Oh the group messaging thing is annoying but switching to Hangouts fixed that for 90% of the people that send me group messages. Appears that on feature phones it still doesn't work, but I can live with that.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I ordered one on Monday (2/17) and received it Friday. When I got home I immediately started the switchover from my Galaxy Nexus. I've been putting it through it's paces all weekend and I'm rather impressed with it so far. It really is a phone that works. I think Motorola did a good job maximizing the software's capabilities on hardware that the "uber geeks" would say is mediocre at best. THAT is what this phone is about...making the most out of what the device is equipped with, rather than have all these high-end specs and nothing to use with it.

I like the battery life I've gotten so far. Tomorrow's gonna be the first "real" test though because all weekend, I've been home most of the time with the phone connected to my wifi. On Saturday, my phone spent a total of 14 hours off the charger and at the end of that period, the battery was only down to 57%. There were a couple phone calls, there was texting, I had it hooked to my car's Bluetooth for a bit...it actually was some heavier use than a typical Saturday (for me anyway). Today the phone has had just over 9 hours off the charger and is down to 77% right now. Probably have a couple more hours off the charger before I plug it up when I go to bed. Again, a couple phone calls, texting, and linked into the car's Bluetooth. My Nexus would've been down to these levels by lunchtime or mid-afternoon. Tomorrow with me being at work and on Verizon's data network, I'll see what kind of battery life I get then.

Also, even though I know there are other apps out there that can do it, I've really been taking advantage of the Motorola Connect plug-in for Chrome that allows me text from my PC. I was just talking about this the other day...I only just switched to using Hangouts for my SMS client and thought it'd be nice if it did that natively.

Now I'm thinking of getting a charging dock for it and that Motorola Skip clip thing.

Last edited:

Dolly

Reaction score
I've had my Moto x for several weeks and my battery life has been much better than the bionic, lasts all day plus with average use.