Just another newbie!!

m2jpilot

Reaction score
Hey, just joined to try and learn about any news for the Bionic. Have a 1st Gen Driod, on my 5th one, though the last replacement was my dog and I and a Cup of Coke's fault!

Trying to learn where the deals will be on the Bionic, do I want to drive two hours to buy a Costco membership and see if the rumored deal there is true, do it online and wait and see, or just drive to the VZW store, 45 min away. Yes I live in the sticks, VZW is about the only service that works here, otherwise I probably would have jumped ship to another carrier a long time ago.

I also bought a couple of those HP Touchpads that got clearanced out the other day with the hopes of being able to replace the OS with Android even though I have the technical knowledge of a Walnut. Hopefully if the mod becomes available I will learn how to do it from the collective knowledge of this site.

J

JriderG

You will LOVE this forum. All these people talk about is the bionic, to the point I want to kill myself when I see new threads popping up every 30 seconds(mildly exaggerated). Also the hp touchpad is getting android port as we speak. If you want good info on that you may want to check out rootzwiki. There's an app for that. The people there seem more intelligent, they understand simple concepts more.

But anyhow welcome to the forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol well put about the bionic... I'm still waiting for the "will buying the bionic make me immortal, look younger, regrow my hair, and cure my disease?" thread....lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
m2jpilot

m2jpilot

Reaction score
Thanks all. Yeah, I've noticed more than a couple Bionic posts. My upgrade was available in June and I am one of the noobs waiting on it. Though now I am wondering about waiting to see what come prior to the Christmas season. Thanks Princess, I will take a look. And thanks Jrider, I will take a look there as well.

J

JriderG

At least some one is with me lol. And yes it makes you look younger and regrow your hair. It's awesome when you can pull your phone out of your pocket and make all the ladies flock right?

J

JriderG

No doubt. Its gonna be a good phone. I would probably get one if I was on upgrade. It just seems people are going crazy over it. To each their own I guess.

OP
m2jpilot

m2jpilot

Reaction score
At least some one is with me lol. And yes it makes you look younger and regrow your hair. It's awesome when you can pull your phone out of your pocket and make all the ladies flock right?

If I do get it, I won't pull it out of my pocket in public for fear of being celljacked!!LOL