Just a quick question

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I am currently running the 2.1 photo gallery,the 2.1 clock, and google earth. My droid is not rooted only because I don't know how and dont want to brick my device. My question is If and when they ever release 2.1 will I have issues with the OTA update due to me running these few apps?

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Should be no problem

There shouldn't be a problem from what I understand.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am currently running the 2.1 photo gallery,the 2.1 clock, and google earth. My droid is not rooted only because I don't know how and dont want to brick my device. My question is If and when they ever release 2.1 will I have issues with the OTA update due to me running these few apps?

how did you get the 2.1 apps to run without root..

and as long as your not rooted OTA should be no problem

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
starscream, I just downloaded from the web, then installed them as apps.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no the only way you will prevent an ota if your rom includes blocks the ota.You are not running any roms so you are good. And if you want to root do not be afraid, take the plunge if you choose. There is enough people to help you get rooted.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I would like to root but not sure what all it would do for my device. Will it really speed the phone up more by overclocking? I wish I had the live wallpapers. I need to read more about the benefits then I would like to take the plunge. Just worried since im not that tech savvy..lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would like to root but not sure what all it would do for my device. Will it really speed the phone up more by overclocking? I wish I had the live wallpapers. I need to read more about the benefits then I would like to take the plunge. Just worried since im not that tech savvy..lol

If you want to root I will help you root here on your thread just give me the word.

positive/ negatives

overclock +speeds up phone/ phone runs hotter and kills battery quicker
live wallpapers cool/ burns battery
wifi tethering
droidmod easy to root and unroot/ you are relying on a program to root you
bugless you control the entire process step by step / more difficult to root

I am running droid mod, but there are people who ran droidmod to get the fear of rooting out of them the unrooted and installed bugless.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the word being Im ready to root if you choose. If you still want to stay unrooted it is good as well. THe negatives about the battery life, well its not like the droid is a device that has great battery life, and to compat this I normally keep it at either 600 or 800 which is fast and stable enough while still not burning as much battery life. The live wall paper; after you play with it for awhile you will probably go back to still. Atleast I did, I go live for show off purposes, other then that its good to know that I can have it if I want.