Jumping ship from Windows Mobile

TheShaz

Reaction score
OK – I’m a gonna do it. I’ve been a Win Mobile Fanboy! I am jumping ship!
Went from a ipaq – MDA on Tmobile – Touch on Sprint – Omnia on Verizon. But I have to agree that Bill Gates Incorporated is falling way behind the curve. The iPhone was never much of a option for me , I like to tweak and modify my toys.
My wife works for VZW and she got to play with the device, I checked it out and then forums like this and others. Checked the reviews, abused YouTube and did a little soul searching.

I am eligible for an upgrade in two weeks. I was waiting for the OMNIA II so I can compare that and the IMAGIO. Then this device shows up. This is what I want and need in a smartphone…

• Customizable – whole gambit - screen, icons, themes and more
  • Able to open my large *.lit ebook library – I hope FBReader works as advertised.
  • Play music and audio over A2DP Bluetooth – have the Jabra 8010 stereo earbuds and a Motorola T505 for the car.
  • E-Mail access – I have a gmail – pop and hotmail accounts
  • Play video – divx natively would be nice – if not my PC can convert
  • Easy sync of music from PC to Droid
  • Fun applications – so far I like what I see in the market. Google’s Sky View looks impressive from a geeky point of view.
  • Plays nice with Windows 7
  • GPS Nav - Impressed with the YouTub video of the native Google Nav app - could be a .22 in the head for pricy 3rd party map apps
Thats about it - looking forward to having one shortly and jumping in the forums going "How in the heck do I do........."
One thing I noticed, the Anroid Market is growing and I was suprised and the high number of FREE applications. If Verizon, Sprint & Tmobile want to get back at the iPhone - they need to point out how many good and decent looking apps are availible for the Droidor FREE where you have to pay for them on the iPhone.

M1dnite

Reaction score
I'n in the same boat as you, but I had an iPhone before my winmo's. Welcome to the best side. Glad your here.

raydog153

Reaction score
I too am coming from WinMo, and wanted the Omnia II, the delay of that phone was the best thing ever, cuz now I have the best phone...what an experience, like night and day from WinMo.

Ray

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid side. I'm sure you will enjoy your product. FYI it doesn't natively sync with Outllok. Just so you know :)

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid side. I'm sure you will enjoy your product. FYI it doesn't natively sync with Outllok. Just so you know :)

Thanks for the welcome. I read about the Outlook Sync - but I got my Outlook to sync with the Google Calendar on my Gmail acct - that should work correct?

Man it's gonna be a long two weeks waiting for my upgrade eligibility to come in.

PridgNYC

Reaction score

Thanks for the welcome. I read about the Outlook Sync - but I got my Outlook to sync with the Google Calendar on my Gmail acct - that should work correct?

Man it's gonna be a long two weeks waiting for my upgrade eligibility to come in.

Send Verizon an email to the "contact us" link in your myverizon account, lots of people have gotten their upgrade date moved up by doing that.

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
My wife works for VZW - for customers straight up I but that will work. I only have two weeks to slobber over the forums and the model at the store.

Wife said she can take one home from the office to "CHECK :reddroid: OUT". Might even have it tonite :) - just to play with I dont htink it has the phone activated, but I have WiFi.

Guess phone lovin by proxy will have to suffice for a tad while longer :motdroidvert: